Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - need some motivation kick!!

• 15-09-2008 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm getting married next year and I'm currently going to Contours Gym 4 mornings a week for 45-60 minutes. I've been doing that since last November and I lost a stone and a half but I'm being so crap with food that I'm not losing anymore and have been staying at my current weight for the past 3 months.

Wouldn't you think that my wedding would give me the kick I need? I'm getting so annoyed with myself and know that when I look back on my photographs of my wedding, I'm going to hate looking at the fat girl in the pics.

I don't know what I'm looking for here but maybe I just needed to write this on an open forum to give myself a kick to cop on to myself again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

misswex wrote: »
    Hi

I'm getting married next year and I'm currently going to Contours Gym 4 mornings a week for 45-60 minutes. I've been doing that since last November and I lost a stone and a half but I'm being so crap with food that I'm not losing anymore and have been staying at my current weight for the past 3 months.

Wouldn't you think that my wedding would give me the kick I need? I'm getting so annoyed with myself and know that when I look back on my photographs of my wedding, I'm going to hate looking at the fat girl in the pics.

I don't know what I'm looking for here but maybe I just needed to write this on an open forum to give myself a kick to cop on to myself again.

Well done on the weight loss so far. All i can say is, if you keep going to the gym 4 mornings a week for an hour (if you can squeeze in a 5th morning, even better) you WILL see very fast results once you get your diet sorted ...

If you post up a typical days food intake im sure you will get lots of good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Thanks Corkcomp:)

Typical diet at the moment is:
    Typical breakfast is - 2 weetabix with a sprinkle of cheerios, sweetner and low fat milk
    Typical lunch - 2 small pieces of brown bread, 1 ham slice, 1 low fat cheese slice and ex light mayo
    Typical dinner - chicken stir fry with rice, spagetti bolognese, chicken tortilla wraps - that kind of thing (ie easy but tasty things to make in the evening)
    I have 2 tea breaks and I normally just have tea, sweetner and low fat milk. If I end up having a biscuit its usualy a rich tea or something. Bring 1 apple and 1 satsuma with me and 1 diet yoghurt
    I normally drink 1-2 litres of water during the day.

The problem I suppose I really have is that because of the wedding, I'm constantly visiting people or people are visiting me and there never seems to be a healthy option so I'm giving in and having the bad food.

Does my diet sound really bad, is there any alternatives I can make at home that will compensate for the badness when I'm out and about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

misswex wrote: »
    Thanks Corkcomp:)

Typical diet at the moment is:
    Typical breakfast is - 2 weetabix with a sprinkle of cheerios, sweetner and low fat milk
    Typical lunch - 2 small pieces of brown bread, 1 ham slice, 1 low fat cheese slice and ex light mayo
    Typical dinner - chicken stir fry with rice, spagetti bolognese, chicken tortilla wraps - that kind of thing (ie easy but tasty things to make in the evening)
    I have 2 tea breaks and I normally just have tea, sweetner and low fat milk. If I end up having a biscuit its usualy a rich tea or something. Bring 1 apple and 1 satsuma with me and 1 diet yoghurt
    I normally drink 1-2 litres of water during the day.

The problem I suppose I really have is that because of the wedding, I'm constantly visiting people or people are visiting me and there never seems to be a healthy option so I'm giving in and having the bad food.

Does my diet sound really bad, is there any alternatives I can make at home that will compensate for the badness when I'm out and about?

overall, i have seen worse diets ... BUT if you are not seeing the results you want you could try making the following changes
    keep carbs in but keep them slow release / high fiber - have porridge for breakfast if possible, if not stick with the wheetabix ... have an apple / orange / pear instead of the biscuits ... dinner looks a bit dodgy, maybe have a load of veg with a lean protein source like chicken / fish etc and keep spag bol and wraps etc to a cuople of days / week ... by the sound of your post i reckon you have a fair idea whats good and bad about your current diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

You should spend a week writing down EVERYTHING you eat. The diet that you posted doesn't sound too bad but then you mentioned about eating when visiting people's houses. I always find it a great motivation tool to keep a note book in my bag and write everything down I eat right down to the last crumb!! Quite often when I'm doing that my diet is good cos I won't eat anything too fattening cos I don't want to enter it in my note book!!! Also, I can see where I'm going wrong.

Advertisement