Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another broken Sportsline

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Stripped the gears on the above and to get it back working I bought a D Boys gear box to put in it, replaced the spring (didn't want any nasty surprises) with this
    and put a new hop up rubber on it this also put in a new 6.03 barrel.

Stats before breakdown 325 fps and 750 rps
    Stats after reassembly 240 fps and 610 rps

I though the D boys gear box would perform a bit better than this.Also the hop up is not working at all. I presume the nub is what presses down on the hop up rubber and this applies the spin to the bb through the hole at the top of the barrel.
    The gear box was a bit of a tight squeez to get in but nothing major.

Any ideas where to look for problems thanks.
    By the way fed up spending money on this bought all the stuff to to rebuild the CA gear box but that did not go to well still in pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

cpb wrote: »
    Stripped the gears on the above and to get it back working I bought a D Boys gear box to put in it, replaced the spring (didn't want any nasty surprises) with this
    and put a new hop up rubber on it this also put in a new 6.03 barrel.

Stats before breakdown 325 fps and 750 rps
    Stats after reassembly 240 fps and 610 rps

I though the D boys gear box would perform a bit better than this.Also the hop up is not working at all. I presume the nub is what presses down on the hop up rubber and this applies the spin to the bb through the hole at the top of the barrel.
    The gear box was a bit of a tight squeez to get in but nothing major.

Any ideas where to look for problems thanks.
    By the way fed up spending money on this bought all the stuff to to rebuild the CA gear box but that did not go to well still in pieces.

So it didn't break itself... you broke it?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Maybe if the gears were of better quality and didnt strip after only 4 months of irregular use I would not had have to take it apart. Any way thanks for the helpful comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the dboys box should perform aswell as the CA one, and be more reliable than it too.,
    did ya open the gearbox up yeah? the low power could be down to the hop problem, it could be an air leak.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

I opened the gearbox to replace the spring with an ms 90 spring. I have just looked at a diagram of an hop up unit and i dont remember seeing the spring on mine (see attachment) could the absence of this be causing the air leak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah thats a comon bit to go missing.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement