Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AIG Insurance

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:25am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio that they could be in trouble.

If you have car insurance with them and they go bust what happens?

If the insurance was got through the AA will that make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi

I thought it was more that they are re-structuring and trying to sell off parts of the company to do with wealth management.

I am guessing that if they go bust there is some sort of insurance federation that would back up your policy, kinda like atol for travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they're looking for a $40bn loan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That why my new insuranc disk has not arrived :p

I am insured with AIG but through a broker so I assume the broker would have to find a different insurer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Just done a renewal with them and recieved a disk from them today....Was pleasantly surprised by the miniscule renewal premium, but if they go bust it could be few hundred quid down the drain...

Advertisement