Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation FETAC course

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone here ever done a foundation or access course? I'm going for an interview for a FETAC level 5 cert in general studies tomorrow in the hope of progressing this way to ul next year. It's on in the downtown centre in Limerick, any feedback on this or similar courses would be much appreciated
    cheers mud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm just about to start an access to science course. From what I gather, the access courses are looked on favourably when applying to university, especially if you are out of study for a few years. They concentrate on a specific area so it's giving you a good foundation before starting university. Once you get the marks required by the university and are well informed about the course you are wishing to take, the application process is way easier and increases your chances of a places tenfold!

Make sure UL accept this as a route into the course you are applying to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

went for my interview yesterday, it seemed to go well and I should find out tomorrow or Friday, if I pass the course I'll get a FETAC level 5 cert and if I get 65% and over in all three modules I'm guaranteed a place in UL next year, very very exciting stuff, hope your course goes really well for you! How long are you out of education?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Fingers crossed for ya!

I finished college in 2004 doing an art related course so studying science will be different! Can't wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

yay I got the course, this really seems like the best thing for me at the mo, best of luck with your scientific foray, cheers for the response m:cool:

Advertisement