Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF9 playback trouble

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Is anyone having trouble playing the 3rd disc of FF9 on the PS3?

The disc does not look to have any scratches on it (well nothing more than any other disc, certainly less than most).

The game is crashing when I leave Lindblum from the Serpant's Gate.
    I board the ship, arrange my party, then CRASH.

The music for the World Map starts, I can still pause (with the "pause" sign appearing) the game but the screen stays blank when I unpause.
    None of the buttons other that Start have any effect.

Could be that one of the (again they are minor) scratches is causing this, just pissing me off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Guys,

Is anyone having trouble playing the 3rd disc of FF9 on the PS3?

The disc does not look to have any scratches on it (well nothing more than any other disc, certainly less than most).

The game is crashing when I leave Lindblum from the Serpant's Gate.
    I board the ship, arrange my party, then CRASH.

The music for the World Map starts, I can still pause (with the "pause" sign appearing) the game but the screen stays blank when I unpause.
    None of the buttons other that Start have any effect.

Could be that one of the (again they are minor) scratches is causing this, just pissing me off
    I remember it used to freeze all the time when i was in prison???? when you had to change one the disks, and i remember another time my save file corrupted and the red hair guy disappeared from the save file:( had to restart the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I remember it used to freeze all the time when i was in prison???? when you had to change one the disks, and i remember another time my save file corrupted and the red hair guy disappeared from the save file:( had to restart the whole thing

I always save to two files and alternate, so if that happens I am only back to my previous save

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I haven't heard of that before. If you press the menu button do you hear the sound of the menu opening?

You could try ejecting then re-inserting the disc. Or ejecting the disc then a different disc to see if that works.

Like norrie rugger said, you should use 2 or more saves so that you don't find yourself in this situation. I've found 3 to be a good number for doing this.

Edit: If you know someone else who has a copy of the game then try their's.

The Don wrote: »
    I haven't heard of that before. If you press the menu button do you hear the sound of the menu opening?

You could try ejecting then re-inserting the disc. Or ejecting the disc then a different disc to see if that works.

Like norrie rugger said, you should use 2 or more saves so that you don't find yourself in this situation. I've found 3 to be a good number for doing this.

Edit: If you know someone else who has a copy of the game then try their's.

nope to the noise of the menu opening,
    It is very strange as the game has hung but I can still pause/unpause.

No one i know has FF9, damn it. I do not want to buy one from Ebay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you could try that one bit with one of the other discs. Most FF games have the entire game on each disc but only the cutscenes are different. Load the game up and swap the discs, see if that works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    you could try that one bit with one of the other discs. Most FF games have the entire game on each disc but only the cutscenes are different. Load the game up and swap the discs, see if that works.
    i had 3....relaoaded each time got to roughly the same part and it corrupted...I was quite angry :mad::mad::mad:

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'll give it a lash later

I'll give it a lash later

Boo-urns

The PS3 doen not reload a disc when I replace it

pooh

(please tell me that there is a way to make the PS3 recognise a new disc in the slot)

Advertisement