Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Releasing a cover song???

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I hope this belongs in the right thread, I think it has as much to do with the final production process as anything else. I was just wondering if anyone knew the necessary steps to take before releasing a cover song as part of an E.P. Has anyone done it? Where do you contact for a license etc? Were just hoping not to get ourselves in court!!!

Thanks!

PS. anyone know any decent inlay printers around dublin! Basically looking for a small card like inlay printed back and front, to slide into a plastic sleeve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

If it has been released before you just record it and put it out.
    You only need a license if it's a lampoon of the song or the song has not been released before.

Obviously you give full credit to the writer and publisher on the sleeve and they retain rights to the performance royalty, sales go to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

You should have a read of this

http://www.imro.ie/music_makers/releasingarecord.shtml

as it covers the mechanical royalty payment to the copyright holder.

If you have any questions you could give the MCPS a call 01 6766940.

Advertisement