Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding a GBB pistol for full-auto capability

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I was watching 'Equilibrium' last night (rubbish movie all round, apart from some mildly crap gun-fights) and thinking about how excellent it would be to have a full-auto GBB pistol that isn't a Glock. I also remember a discussion here in which it was mentioned that the thing stopping most GBBs being full-auto capable is some part, which occasionally wears down and so unintentionally gives a full-auto capability. So, is it possible to modify a P226 to do some sort of full-auto? And are there any technical/wear-and-tear issues that make this a bad idea?

I would be considering buying a second pistol to do this with rather than risk having no pistol at all. And if you have a good idea of which part to mod, please post a photo if you can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I was watching 'Equilibrium' last night (rubbish movie all round, apart from some mildly crap gun-fights) and thinking about how excellent it would be to have a full-auto GBB pistol that isn't a Glock. I also remember a discussion here in which it was mentioned that the thing stopping most GBBs being full-auto capable is some part, which occasionally wears down and so unintentionally gives a full-auto capability. So, is it possible to modify a P226 to do some sort of full-auto? And are there any technical/wear-and-tear issues that make this a bad idea?

I would be considering buying a second pistol to do this with rather than risk having no pistol at all. And if you have a good idea of which part to mod, please post a photo if you can.

beretta 93r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uso7WUZ4xg

I tried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MPy4WeatA

my pistol doesnt work now, think i cut too much off the trigger arm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Tigger wrote: »
    beretta 93r

Heh, yeah, I saw that. And I'm considering it. But I'm trying to see if I can get this with a P226.

weeder wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uso7WUZ4xg

I tried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MPy4WeatA

my pistol doesnt work now, think i cut too much off the trigger arm

Thanks, although they're not the clearest instructions I've used to mangle a gun with. But it's a step.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The part wearing that you are thinking of could be the luger, not sorted until you get a new tanaka sear, but its not controllable or "good" full auto.

I'm confident after all the messing I've done with 1911 trigger units I can make one of them full auto, the m9 also is quite simple, but I've never owned a sig pistol.

I'd love to have a look at it actually, and see if it would be feasible, it should be quite simple, its more complicated to make a mechanism semi-auto than full auto, and often only a single part is used to limit the mech. to semi.

If you want to give me the sig to look at, I'd guess it would be simple to make a replacement part or do something non-permanent to it. I have no airsoft project at the moment and this sounds fun*.

*(my weird idea of fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

After some discussion with Vtec, I can see why this whole mod might not work. It could make the pistol unsafe to use (by allowing a situation where it can continue firing regardless of user actions) and it's not something I'd want.

Unless it can be demonstrated that there is another way of doing this, I'm going to let it lie until I can justify an M93. Tigger wins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement