Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Results

Options
  • 15-09-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any idea when they're out! Seems really late, since alot of people have registered already! When do us repeatees have to re-register provided we pass....!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 30d1a

we were told ours are out tomorrow ...

we were told we could get them online too , and the student self service site is down atm so i'm takin that as a good sign as it always goes down when they're puttin the results up ... so later on or tomorrow I reackon ...

https://selfservice.dit.ie/ if you wanna check online

as for registration ... usually your giro gets sent out if you've passed the year with a date probably for this friday for it to be paid ....

if your waitin on a course spot though , get onto the school head or course co-ordinator and explain the situation , and see if your on the course...

if its only repeats and your goin from say 1st to second ... or 2nd to 3rd year etc... (i.e. your not transferring to another course, or have to get quotas or anything) dont worry then DIT will send out the giro eventually .. jus turn up for college on monday as per usual if you passed your repeats ...

timetables are up online ..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Thanks, that helps alot!

oh an to add....

if you could never get your results online ... unfortunately you'll hav to go in and check ...

if your in doubt about anythin .. ring up your faculty exam office and ask when your results will be posted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details.

Says it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details.
    Says it all
    Sure mine has said that for the last 2 years straight, i think i managed to get my results on it once in 1st year. Best bet is to ring the exams office and get the info off them, they will have a rough idea of when pass lists will be up at least.
    just checked the website, says my 'module/progression board' meeting is on Wednesday, and results are TBC! Go DIT!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

One of my mates in built enviro got his today from the website. His repeat was last monday week tho.

wixfjord wrote: »
    One of my mates in built enviro got his today from the website. His repeat was last monday week tho.

I think some of the repeat exams were up to last week, so even if some people did their exams 2 weeks ago, their course could have been running repeats quite recently, so the exam boards may still be meeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Word to the wise guys...

DIT are frackers for sending you out your giro once you've passed and the latest date for payment of the reg fee is usually either the next day or two days beforehand!

Don't panic.

Pay it in your own time and when you go in to DIT to collect your student cards give out to the office for putting you under pressure like that!

The norm is that they print your giro with everyone elses and then just filter it out of the post run and send it off once you've passed!

No luck today wth the self service thingy, I've always got them on there! It's getting really annoying, consierin I did the 2 of them on the first 2 days, as in the 27th n 28th of August!

went to check mine today online and they're still down ...

rang the exams office and the exam board was re-scheduled to tomorrow morning ... so no results for me til the afternoon the absolute earliest , thats if they even go up ... but definitely by thursday .....

I Love DIT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I havent even got a course for on monday cos i need my results for the course co-ordinators to decide whether i can be on their course or not ....

Thursdays gonna be a busy stressful day for me so seen as i'll be away friday :(:(

• Advertisement

Yeah, got a friend to ask in the college today. Thursday morning for me.

SOUND!

Just back from work and checked mine there and they're up so it may be worth checking now, or tomorrow.

No luck today wth the self service thingy, I've always got them on there! It's getting really annoying, consierin I did the 2 of them on the first 2 days, as in the 27th n 28th of August!

Regardless of what days you do your exams on, your results can't be posted up untill all exams have been finished, graded and then the grades aproved by the exam boards.

How did I only find this today... http://modularisation.dit.ie/science.htm

I've to wait another day, which makes it over 3 weeks now!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Regardless of what days you do your exams on, your results can't be posted up untill all exams have been finished, graded and then the grades aproved by the exam boards.

A quick look at the release dates of exam results on the website will tell you thats not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Well at least you have a release date. The Enginereing ones are all TBC so no known date. Its crazy according to the timetable the exam board was yesterday for my course but there are no results up today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

got my results today and got 36% in 1 subject, there was no comment beside it and at the bottom its says "Decision: Pass" but under that it says "pass = 40%". Does anyone know what that means? am i ok to go through?

It look slike the exam board decided to pass you. Could be a pass by compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Ok just got my repeat results there. It says i've to retake 3 modules. What does this mean? Do i just have to repeat these. Can I carry them over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Went into Aungier today to see what the story with my results was.

There was a timetable saying the exam board was set for Monday the 15th and that the results would be published on Wednesday the 17th. Wednesday the 17th was crossed out and Thursday the 18th was scribbled beside it. I hadn't got any emails so I went into the modularisation office and was told that the exam board was delayed until TODAY and that I wouldn' have results until tomorrow. :mad:

• Advertisement

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Ok just got my repeat results there. It says i've to retake 3 modules. What does this mean? Do i just have to repeat these. Can I carry them over?

I doubt you will be able to carry three. More then likely you will have to repeat these 3 for the year. Not 100 percent sure about that though. It would be worth dropping in to your head of department or course coordinater.

Got my results today after 18.00 wirth checking again if your waiting on them anyone cause they werent up at 17.50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I checked just after my last post and I've passed my repeat so I'm going into second year...which starts Monday.

Now, just to get registration sorted out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I'm still waiting on my results and I'm meant to start back Monday. Dam engineers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

computing courses got their repeat results today so i believe.

Tourism and Food...out today!

I PASSED WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

What??
    I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm in the school of Tourism and Food.
    I didn't even get an email to say that the provisional results are out, yet another girl in the course did.

What??
    I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm in the school of Tourism and Food.
    I didn't even get an email to say that the provisional results are out, yet another girl in the course did.

neither did i....just log into the self service there

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I did, still get the " Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details."
    message!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I have to check on behalf of a friend who's abroad at the moment. She got the email saying her results are out but when I log in to modularisation using her student number and pin, I get the same as you Faddy.

DIT really suck at getting exam results out. When I was in DCU, we were given an academic calendar at the start of the year stating the exact date and time results would be available. This seems like pretty amateurish conduct by DIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Woo passed!!!!

Advertisement