Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing mirror backing plate

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

might try my luck here - maybe someone knows...

Some b*stard stole the glass out of my wing mirror (why, I don't know) - and now I'm looking for that little plastic piece to attach the new mirror glass to (it's called a backing plate, apparently).

One dealer quoted me 75 Euros (!) - which I think is a little steep. The scrapyards have nothing, or would only sell the entire wing mirror, which I don't need, since the thief graciously left the bracket intact.

Short of stealing the glass from another poor sod parked along the road, does anyone know where I could get that blasted backing plate? Have tried ebay with no luck.

It's a 96 Polo.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
    galah

Advertisement