Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 error loading rundll messages... should I be worried?

• 15-09-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hope this this is the right forum - have searched threads but not sure if its the same or different problem.

have 4 Rundll error loading messages in middle of screen when starting my laptop.

Its about 4 months old no insurance.

I get a seperate message at corner right hand side of screen saying Windows blocked certain programs at startup

Rundll messages state that module is not found

I have googled it but wary of programs need to install incase do more harm than good.

It doesn’t seem to have affected or caused any problems thus far, although , is showing increasingly strange behavior and making whimpering sad sounds occasionally.

Should I be worried and drop it in to be fixed somewhere or is it something that can be solved easily enough?

Any direction or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can you be more specific about the messages? and if you have installed or removed anything recently or recall doing anything specif just before the messages appeared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

May very well have deleted something - tried to download pirate programes - I know I was stupid and will never do it again

Slowed everything up big time so went in to install and remove and deleted anything didnt recognize so may well have gotten rid of something - double doh! :(

Messages that appear are as follows

Error loading C:\ Users\*****\AppData\Temp\xjtewtrx.dll
    Error loading C:\ Users\*****\AppData\Temp\byXRILCT.dll
    Error loading C:\ Users\*****\AppData\Temp\opnMNFXr.dll
    Error loading C:\ Users\*****\AppData\Temp\hoewqnst.dll

***** my name!

Reckon anything can do to fix it ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

well try some simple stuff 1st, deffo give your pc the once over with anti virus just incase there was anthing nasty in the programs you installed
    Get a program called ccleaner and go into the regestry tab and scan for issues it will scan for entries that point to missing .dll files. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Also make sure you have properly uninstalled the bad programs not just deleted the directories.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try running a MBAM scan on your pc, I've seen rogue spyware applications making simular random file names, It may sort it out

Nick

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

How do I know if have uninstalled them properly?
    Sorry probably seems like a stupid question . .

Have norton - which I purchased at full whack price!! Any good for cleaning or use above as well?

If you can ditch norton and use something like Avira Free, its got a very high detection rate, And as a previous AVG Free user, find its allot better and very lite on resources, if you still have a sub with norton, you may want to use it up before ditching it, but I would reccomend against re-newing, MBAM is very good for removing allot of current problematic spyware and rogue applications, if you see any other problems spyware related it would be no harm scanning using it, Spybot search & destroy is also a decent anti spyware program which should be run aswell

Nick

What a waste - have it for the next year!
    So do I need to uninstall it or can download other programe as well?

Now this is an extra stupid question but is it silly to take advice and download programs from complete stranger on net?

Retrospectively speaking - dont mean to appear ungrateful for advice - just niaive at best of times but also paroniod when it comes to this sort of thing!

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    What a waste - have it for the next year!
    So do I need to uninstall it or can download other programe as well?

Now this is an extra stupid question but is it silly to take advice and download programs from complete stranger on net?

Retrospectively speaking - dont mean to appear ungrateful for advice - just niaive at best of times but also paroniod when it comes to this sort of thing!

You can only have one anti virus program installed at a time, downloading a free anti virus program from the net is as secure as walking into the shop and buying it provided you download it only from the official website, in this case, aviras www.free-av.com or www.avira.com. Most anti virus products will also check installers checksums before installing and wont install if the download has been modified, corrupted so its safe. On the other hand you can have multiple anti-spyware products, although one or two should be enough for most users

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    You can only have one anti virus program installed at a time, downloading a free anti virus program from the net is as secure as walking into the shop and buying it provided you download it only from the official website, in this case, aviras www.free-av.com or www.avira.com. Most anti virus products will also check installers checksums before installing and wont install if the download has been modified, corrupted so its safe. On the other hand you can have multiple anti-spyware products, although one or two should be enough for most users

Nick

Sound
    Just checked em out there there are 3 versions one free (preferable) or one of the other packages - which would you reckon would be most suitable?

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Nick

So one last time for sureness sake

1. Uninstall norton
    2. Install above
    3. Install spyware as sugessted earlier
    4. Sorry bout being such an imbecile!

That should do great :) Also with Avira installed, you can disable the popup ad on the free one using These instructions, the program will still daily auto update though, also make sure you download spybot from HERE

Nick

Ok in progress if worksyou my dear are an angel-
    I am a witch and there is definitly a spell for you tonight!

thanks again

let you know how goes

:):):)

Yo yo yo !
    Thanks dude dll is gone system seems to have slowed a lot though - gonna defrag and clear up a couple of things probably do the trick -

Thanks so much hope you have a happy peaceful successful life
    x x
    :)

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Yo yo yo !
    Thanks dude dll is gone system seems to have slowed a lot though - gonna defrag and clear up a couple of things probably do the trick -

Thanks so much hope you have a happy peaceful successful life
    x x
    :)

Did you remove norton prior to installing Avira? The system should be faster without norton and just avira installed!

Nick

Advertisement