Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit websites

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I did a quick check. I noticed right away on one that there is no contact facility, no company address or even a company registered number visible anywhere.

I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole without standard info such as above being provided!
    Besides the fact that its China and god knows whom your dealing with.

NOTE: if these were legit companies, they would have a genuine email address. One of the sites (I didn't check them all) uses "obcry@hotmail.com" - that does not inspire confidence in their legitimacy.
    I have two personal websites for example: unitedpeople.ie thus my email is admin@unitedpeople.ie - the afore mentioned don't even have that likewise for their site. Just a cheap free anon email address for such a supposed big offering service.

NOPE - KEEP WELL CLEAR OF THEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I wouldn't trust them by just taking a quick glance over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

i checked them thru mcafee site advisor and 2 of them checked out ok. if they have a product for 30/40 i'd nearly chance it to see. ya can pay thru paypal so that should be secure?

Its easy to set up a system to send them money (and they to accept it). That can be set up by anyone no problem. I have done it on my sites for donations.
    Its if you will then actually get the items in question...
    Its also easy to make a site look legit for the likes of McAfee. After all, these sites are on a server sitting away somewhere, inspiring no viruses, etc that so far we know of.

I'd be very, very suspicious about these site.
    Remember: if it looks too good to be true - it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

yeah maybe best... they'll prob sell ya ur own stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All three have a contact them on MSN link, don't know of any companys that do this, personally if you believe the deal to be to good to be true it likely isn't true

However if your brave enough to give them money then goodluck and hope you enjoy loosing money :)

Whois results:

shop6818.com/
    Reged to:
    Registrant:
    Organization : zhang taotao
    Name : zhangtaotao
    Address : zhengzhou
    City : zhengzhou
    Province/State : Henan
    Postal Code : 210000

Domain Name: OBCRY.COM
    Registered on: 18-Aug-08
    wang, chenyu wobuzhidaoniyouxiang@yahoo.cn
    NO.87,LiuTangRoad
    beijing, beijing 1000876
    China

yahcoe.com - Registered June 2008
    Registrant:
    Organization : zhang taotao
    Name : zhangtaotao
    Address : zhengzhou
    City : zhengzhou
    Province/State : Henan
    Postal Code : 210000

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As fake as they come, and not only that the yahcoe.com site is an exact copy of another scan site (different name) I've seen.

To OP no, Paypal alone don't make it safe as they can remove the cash from the account. You will then go ahead and dispute the item, win the dispute only to have PP tell you that there is no money on the account to recover for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Stay well clear.

Although they do have a postal address, given that it's china, I don't know of many people who will be able to confirm if it is real or not!

No company registration numbers, hotmail email accounts, cheap design are always very suspicious.

But this takes the biscuit. You can only pay via the common fraudsters tools

shop6818 & yahcoe.com- Western Union, Bank Transfer, Moneygram only!
    www.obcry.com - pay via email (ie not via the website!) - They want you to email them your credit card details:eek:

Anybody who buys from these websites should never be allowed on the internet, hold a bank account/credit card, and should, in general, have their mummy hold their hand for the rest of their lives.

dotsman wrote: »

Anybody who buys from these websites should never be allowed on the internet, hold a bank account/credit card, and should, in general, have their mummy hold their hand for the rest of their lives.

Bang on.

Be warned - another is now on the go: http://www.ele-bay.com/

Do NOT buy anything from such sites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement