Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95-Buttons Not Working

• 15-09-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

When I woke up yesterday morning the buttons on my phone weren't working correctly and seemed to be jamming.

The Gallery kept opening without me pressing the play button and the #9 and * buttons kept going across the screen even though I wasn't pressing them.

I then took the back cover off and looked to see if there was any major problem, couldn't see one but the buttons started to work and were working perfect until I woke up this morning, where now once again none of te buttons are working.

Now for a fact that the water has not been in contact with water or been dropped.

Has anybody else had this problem or know what the problem is?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had a similar problem with the menu and erase buttons doing the same. I took off the front cover and jiggled about and eventually they started working again. It reoccurred once but corrected itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

After doing that and it hasn't changed anything!:(

Didn't work for me first time either. I ended up a couple of weeks unable top switch tasks or backspace. I had to program the left function key as menu to get access to anything.

But it's been fine ever since.

I brought it to a Nokia Service Centre as it's still in warrenty so hopefully it'll come back working ok!

Just an update on this! The Nokia service centre won't cover it under warrenty as it was purchased in Hong Kong. They've estimated €115 to fix it, they didn't even bother to find out what was wrong with it yet, but are saying the have to get parts from Hong Kong to fix it....seems a bit dodge to me!? Only when I pay them that will they actually look at it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

You should try

www.mprc.ie

Are they good?!

They are fine i had a problem with a Nokia before and was 60€ to fix, never had the problem again!

What was the problem?!

It was something to go with the charge unit it was out of warranty so i had to pay for it.

• Advertisement

The N95 warranty is for 2 years but only if purchased within the EU!

http://www.nokia.ie/A4202216

Advertisement