Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere got the game out early?

• 15-09-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭

I know it's meant to be released on Thursday but with it being a non-traditional, ie not Friday, release I'm kinda hoping some places will put it out early. Anyone seen it anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Doubtful, EA is not a company you want to piss off with a early release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I know it's meant to be released on Thursday but with it being a non-traditional, ie not Friday, release I'm kinda hoping some places will put it out early. Anyone seen it anywhere?

You can still get the preorder packs and play today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Doubtful, EA is not a company you want to piss off with a early release.
    But they are quite happy pissing us off by not giving us the early release codes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

From the phone calls I made the majority of retailer won't release it on the thursday anyways, it will be the traditional Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

Its gonna be out thursday morning in Game :D

"War....War Never Changes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

According to Gamestop in Drogheda, there was a nationwide delay in the shipment and they have to get it by courier in order to have it for friday evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Kiith wrote: »
    But they are quite happy pissing us off by not giving us the early release codes...

I'm pretty sure that the EA shop would be considered a sister company to EA. Also the access codes would have to come from the server hosting company.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    According to Gamestop in Drogheda, there was a nationwide delay in the shipment and they have to get it by courier in order to have it for friday evening?

It's looking like there's been a screw up with the disc production. People who've gotten EU copies already have found that the discs contain and older client and it can't be patched.

Edit: it's looking for an 800 odd meg patch, but the patchers are limited to 500.

Edit+1: GOA have said it's deliberate, and they can patch tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Spear wrote: »
    Edit+1: GOA have said it's deliberate, and they can patch tomorrow morning.

what do they mean deliberate? do they want to delay the start even more.
    Simeadrach wrote:
    Its gonna be out thursday morning in Game

they told me its Friday on their list :rolleyes:

If anyone gets it tomorrow, be sure to let us know. thanks.

wideband wrote: »
    what do they mean deliberate? do they want to delay the start even more.

they told me its Friday on their list :rolleyes:

If anyone gets it tomorrow, be sure to let us know. thanks.

GOA have since removed the restriction and retail installers can now patch.

Release date is tomorrow officially, delays not withstanding.

• Advertisement

Gamestop said they wont have till friday evening because of a nationwide delay affecting ALL RETAILERS... but I got it in HMV thismorning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KoKane wrote: »
    Gamestop said they wont have till friday evening because of a nationwide delay affecting ALL RETAILERS... but I got it in HMV thismorning.

Yep, HMV Galway have LOADS of stock, including the collectors edition.
    €40 for the standard edition and €100 for the CE (I think)
    Didn't bother looking elsewhere, as it's pretty damn unlikely to be cheaper anywhere.

Bye bye life:o

tman wrote: »
    Yep, HMV Galway have LOADS of stock, including the collectors edition.
    €40 for the standard edition and €100 for the CE (I think)
    Didn't bother looking elsewhere, as it's pretty damn unlikely to be cheaper anywhere.

Bye bye life:o

Gamestop are quoting €74.99 for the CE, though they tried to claim the €15 on the preorder didn't count against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I could have been wrong there, it may be €90 or so... Any idea what price Gamestop are charging for the standard edition?

tman wrote: »
    I could have been wrong there, it may be €90 or so... Any idea what price Gamestop are charging for the standard edition?

€90 would coincide with Gamestop if they count off the preorder cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

GAME in galway have it for €40 and a collectors pack for €26 but I resisted that impluse buy and just got the game. Smyths said it was released tomorrow?

GAME in galway have it for €40 and a collectors pack for €26 but I resisted that impluse buy and just got the game. Smyths said it was released tomorrow?

€26? That a typo? Unless that's Battle March again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

€26? That a typo? Unless that's Battle March again.
    No. I don't think it was the collector's edition just a pack with a couple of books, didn't get a good look though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

When I preordered the CE in Gamestop I was told it was €54. I made a point of asking was that right, as I assumed that'd be the price of standard edition and the guy told me it was and listed the stuff that came with it.

humanji wrote: »
    When I preordered the CE in Gamestop I was told it was €54. I made a point of asking was that right, as I assumed that'd be the price of standard edition and the guy told me it was and listed the stuff that came with it.

I had the guy in Gamestop look it up today, and their official listing is €74.99 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fecking HMV. Have the CE pre-ordered with them since June, went in to collect and was told they only got five in and 'might' have more tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I had the guy in Gamestop look it up today, and their official listing is €74.99 now.
    Well I've got in on a reciept, so I'm f*cked if I'm paying more :D

I put a 10 euro deposit on it in Gamestop but I dont mind losing it to get the game a day earlier, since its 10 cheaper in HMV anyway. Kinda works out?

If it goes out of stock though, anyone can buy my deposit off me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Picked it up today (without pre-order) in HMV Swords. Price was 39.99 eurons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

Fecking HMV. Have the CE pre-ordered with them since June, went in to collect and was told they only got five in and 'might' have more tomorrow.

I had a row with them today as well. My receipt was dated 1st May. When I got the pre-order I asked them if they wanted anymore details and was told no, the case and receipt was enough. Today they said they only had enough for those whose names were on the list.

After a major row, they rang another branch and for one for me. Have to admit its one hefty package, a pretty nice collectable. I'm glad I didn't roll over.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Its 74.99 for the collectors edition in Gamestop, I was told it was 50 a month ago but they had the price wrong (sounded wrong to me at the time).

There was an issue where their head office didn't tell its stores to take the money off the pre-order, but that I've been told has been dealt with and hopefully their will be no more confusion for people.

Wish I had a receipt from my pre order box saying it was 50 euro for everything, would have been nice taking advantage of them for their own incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Just received my CE box from play.com today... wow its one massive box!
    Great stuff inside although the little model that comes with it is un painted and its basically just a blister pack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Well painting the model is all part of the fun, if your into that kinda thing.

Was always advertised that the model needed painting and assembly as far as I'm aware. If you don't want to do that you might have some friends/family who play warhammer tabletop who would love to get a limited edition figure to paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Nah, I've done my share of painting over the years... have a 40k army rotting in my parents attic. I just would have liked this one to be painted for me.. ahh well, must pop into GW next time im in town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement