Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Extender

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Has anyone got a range extender [booster] to work with Eircom's Netopia 2247-02?
    My neighbours 50 m away [rural setting] have been told they cannot have BB service from Eircom [funny, since it is the same cable up to 50 m away].
    I thought I'd let them piggyback on mine.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I've been using a 500mW 27dBm booster antenna, supposedly it gives coverage up to 1km away (haven't tried it that far). All I wanted was decent reception throughout the house and in the garden and it's doing that perfectly.

I was using it on eircom netopia 3347 which needed modifications since the antenna isn't user replacable. With the 2247 all you do is unscrew the default antenna and put this one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Are they accross the road or next to you, could run an stp ethernet cable to them and connect them up that way.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Thanks Netman - do you need one on the other end too? At the remote PC.

I could run an Ethernet cable through the Eircom duct! Seems cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not in the least cheeky, is the duct on your land or crossing the road, either way cable away and tbh screw eircom, its not as if they care...

MC

Advertisement