Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Insurance

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hold an international driving license with a 5 year no claims from my previous insurance company (in Israel). I hold an Irish Learners Permit and a valid international one. I am looking for an insurance company that will accept this no-claim (I want to buy and insure a 2002 2 litre Honda Accord).

Can anyone suggest a company that will accept international no-claims and is flexible? So far I tried OneDirect and they would not accpet an international no-claims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Try going through a broker .. they seem to carry more weight with the insurance companies in this regard. When I first moved here from the Netherlands, I went through Glennons (http://www.glennons.ie/), and they eventually managed to get my Dutch no-claims recognised by Eagle Star (now Zurich). You'll need an official looking letter (in English) from your foreign insurer stating your no-claims history.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

Hi Alun,

many thanks for the tip, seems like Mr Sf managed to get a deal with a broker

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

scaryfairy wrote: »
    Hi Alun,

many thanks for the tip, seems like Mr Sf managed to get a deal with a broker

thanks again
    No problem! Remember though that in a year's time when the policy comes up for renewal you'll be able to go where you like as there'll be no record of the fact that there was a foreign no-claims bonus involved .. they'll be none the wiser. You might be able to get a better deal then.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi Alun,

thanks, that's really good to know!
    cheers
    sf

Advertisement