Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas to Canyon Helicopter trip and Las Vegas show

• 15-09-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Las Vegas on the 14th October for 4 days and I am thinking of getting the helicopter trip to the Canyon. I've seen it online for $369 on HeliUSA site but I've heard people say before that you can get it cheaper.

Also I plan on going to see a show. There are 4 of us going, we would probably like to see one of the Circus de Soleil shows. Does anyone know of cheap places to buy these tickets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Prices are higher than before due to fuel prices. We used Maverick helicopters http://www.maverickhelicopter.com/lasvegas.html and found them to be excellent.

All seem to in or around the same price and its difficult to find coupons to get any discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

I went early last year and there were plenty of places selling cheap helicopter tours.

think one i got was $180 - it landed down in the canyon rather than on the rim that some do. (Some cheaper ones dont land. )

It seems that its the same helicopter company but with different agents and outlets all selling same seats at crazy different prices.

Watch out for the Whats on mag thats available free in all the malls - its full of coupons and half off for all kinds of things.

course could be all different with fuel prices as darc says.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

We went to "O" two years ago and it was totally amazing -never seen anything like it before or since. Tickets were a wedding present so no idea of the price but did notice when we were there during the week that lots of the hotels had staff going around the main reception areas handing out buy one get one free offers for that night's show.
    My advice would be to pick a show, check if there are many tickets sold yet online and if not, stroll thru the hotel reception the day of the show. Or even ask in the hotel for any special offers, as they're a bit like Ryanair - bums on seats is better than no bums on seats! :)

Enjoy your trip,
    That Canyon sure is Grand!
    sw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cruzzo08

Hi OP just back about 10 days and going back in about 3 weeks. Try papillon helicopters for the canyon. They do a very reasonable night time strip flight as well with champagne. New jet powered helicopters, v comfortable. As for shows. La Reve at Wynn or O are must sees but can be pricey and discounts are very rare. Last trip O was around 160 dollars each if i recall for good seats. Also went to see phantom at the Venetian on the last night of stay. Got 3rd row seats at Tix4tonite the evening before for 90 dollars each inc booking. Think they retail for 140 usually. Have to admit that the gambling and partying had taken its toll at that stage and i did nod off briefly. Must be getting old!!! Anyway have fun. If staying downtown dont pass by the Golden Nugget great hotel especially Parlor Suites in North tower, they can be had for the equivalent of a strip room and are pure class. If staying on strip best location is around bellagio, harrahs, caesars and ballys area is kinda midway and convenient to all. Hope you win loads.

Advertisement