Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOTLK Released: 13/11/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

ITS OFFICIAL !!!!!!!!!!

http://media.wow-europe.com/wrath/en/preorder.html?l=en

Anyone know if gamenash are doing it ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Not bothered preordering myself - did it for TBC : collectors edition with Game in henry st.Who were then closed down .Checked with the ILAC st branch and my preorder had transferred to them.Went at about 8:40 on launch day to get it. Long story short , no collectors editions , (well they had one but that went to one of their staff) despite taking the pre-order.on the way out checked in gamestop , who had about 20 collectors editions , and were selling the regular one for about 5 euro less.
    I'll just pick up a copy on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

it wont sell out to be fair. Games like this always get over stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm hoping to get the collector's edition so I might oreder it online and instore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Anyone know if any of the stores are opening early to sell this as I booked the day & the following day off work to get me in some valuable play-time & levelling hehehehehhe (oh & I have the week after off too, as I'd taken it as a week off ages ago ..... think some more levelling may be needed then :D )

p.s. how many of those former addicts will be re-activating ;-)

• Advertisement

i reactivated last night in fairness, forgot what im missing

started a warlock for first time, they are pretty fun :)

i reactivated last night in fairness, forgot what im missing

started a warlock for first time, they are pretty fun :)

Welcome back. Might want to have a gander at Mages for the new patch ...... talk about pwnage ..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

just transfered my retri pally over to the PTR... at the moment they are totally unbalanced and knocking the poop out of everything :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ven0m wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the stores are opening early to sell this as I booked the day & the following day off work to get me in some valuable play-time & levelling hehehehehhe (oh & I have the week after off too, as I'd taken it as a week off ages ago ..... think some more levelling may be needed then :D )

Oh great idea. I think ill be booking me some time off work too. Then might have to call in sick for another week or so ;) First hunter to lvl 80 sil vous plait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

it wont sell out to be fair. Games like this always get over stock

What about GTA 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i'll be booking some time off work to level also. Will leave it till later though would be sick to have the time off and then the release date changed!

Last time around I booked a collectors edition in HMV grafton street. They where quite good about it and had it behind the counter when I went in first thing in the morning. They also had a few on the shelves. Will probably do the same again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Manties wrote: »
    Oh great idea. I think ill be booking me some time off work too. Then might have to call in sick for another week or so ;) First hunter to lvl 80 sil vous plait :D

If you dont get it in the first week, then I dont think you have much chance of first hunter :p

Yeah i can imagine alot of guilds will be helping their members to get titles as soon as it goes live. I wonder what the xp needed to get from 70-80 will be? I can imagine 79-80 will probably be 2-3million :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

how can they possibly get sold out? upgrade your account online and voila your in northerend

Psycopat wrote: »
    how can they possibly get sold out? upgrade your account online and voila your in northerend

Yes, & you can sit there downloading approx. 15GB of new material :-p

OR ...

have your arse outside a HMV/GameStop/Zavvi for 9am on Thursday 13th Nov & get your copy, then go home, install it & rip into Northrend....

OR ...

Find one of those few places putting the game on sale as of midnight the 13th November, get it & install!

hehehehehe

I know which option I'm going for, & it's the third one .....

Hell yeah !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah i can imagine alot of guilds will be helping their members to get titles as soon as it goes live. I wonder what the xp needed to get from 70-80 will be? I can imagine 79-80 will probably be 2-3million :o
    In beta at least, 70-71 is 2 million xp :(

Then i hope the mobs give 50k xp each and quests more :)

But thats a crazy ammount of xp for one level !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Didn't blizz pull that idea in the end?
    *checks*

Yep. linky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big wow fan ever since release but the game is a grindfest now and is set the get worse with wotlk.
    The thought of levelling to 80 is mind numbing to me.
    I do like the idea of heroics that can be done in an hour or so.
    Loving warhammer atm,if it gets boring ill get wotlk but so far its rather excellent :)
    I usually get all mmos so ill more than likely get wotlk either way at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Yes, & you can sit there downloading approx. 15GB of new material :-p

You can have it downloaded weeks before it comes out with the background downloader you know. and as for the 15GB im sure thats a little bit of an exageration seeing as my wow folder is 13GB already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not me, the thought of going back at this stage makes me want to retch tbh.

Psycopat wrote: »
    You can have it downloaded weeks before it comes out with the background downloader you know. and as for the 15GB im sure thats a little bit of an exageration seeing as my wow folder is 13GB already.

The last expansion pack was approx. 15GB of data once you took into account all updates required if you installed from fresh, I'm taking the 15GB to include the 3.01 prepatch, of which part one in 992MB in size, & the second one is allegedly supposed to be around 500-600MB, & then if there's game discs to be installed, I dunno ...... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone managed to pre-order a CE yet? Called a few stores today and some werent even confident they would be getting any.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The last expansion pack was approx. 15GB of data once you took into account all updates required if you installed from fresh,
    thats odd...my current WoW:TBC folder only takes up 10.6 GB , I've confirmed this as I've copied it a few times and run it from a USB hard disk (well a 20 gb mp3 player ).
    I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

And there goes my college year :o

thats odd...my current WoW:TBC folder only takes up 10.6 GB , I've confirmed this as I've copied it a few times and run it from a USB hard disk (well a 20 gb mp3 player ).
    I

Yup, I know ut it still doesn't detract from the volume of data across the DVD's from TBC & the downloaded updates to take a fresh TBC install all the way through all patches to current & a repload of part 1 of the new 3.01 patch, total volume comes to approx. 15GB LOL Whether it translates or not into data on disk, I don't know - i only know what the raw data volume size is approx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The following racial skills have been removed from the game: Feedback, Starshards, Consume Magic, Elune's Grace, Hex of Weakness, Shadowguard, and Touch of Weakness. Devouring Plague and Symbol of Hope are now base abilities.

Luring....me....back.................arggh

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Dunno about it selling out fast, I strolled into a random game shop mid-afternoon on the day of release of TBC and they had a tonne left. I know WoW is popular in Ireland but its not THAT popular.

• Advertisement

yeah, and also if you actually waited a week or two, im sure youd find it gonig for a ridic price.

Gamestop and the like know theres plenty of idiots that will shell out loads of money for Colectors editions, and additions that let you play 3 minutes before everyone else.

I'm booknig in gamestop only cause my mate works there, but after hearing how they got no copies in to fill their deposit customers for WARHAMMER im sceptical at best

Advertisement