Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I get setanta without subscription?

• 15-09-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hey, after a weekend of being transferred from one sky customer service line to the next , this is my last resort for help. Basically we have a sky box and sky card, and we have a subscription to setanta, but as the card is out of date and doesnt really work properly, we can only get a few channels, and setanta is not one of them, so we're paying for the service that we cant even get. So do we have to subscribe to sky and pay €40 a month miniumum to get setanta or is there any alternative? Everyone i speak to on either setanta/sky tell me a different story so i really dont know what the truth is. One solution we were told was to get a freesat card, that this would give us a load of free channels and we'd be able to get setanta on it if we're subscribed too (is this true?) but after an hour on the phone trying to order a freesat card i eventually found out that theyre not available to irish customers. I see some sites offer a service where they order the freesat card in the UK and then send to irish addresses, is this worth doing or is it dodgy?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

By Freesat card, I guess you mean "Freesat from Sky". I don't think you can purchase it without an address in the UK. I heard a lot people bought one from eBay or satellite shops and got it working fine in Ireland...
    Somebody else should have more infos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Yes freesat from sky, getting it from ebay sounds like a good idea alright, but could someone tell me if we did this can we get setanta if we're subscribed to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not easily. Ring setanta and explain you have no Sky sub and dog ate the card. they CAN send cards.

Getting a "Freesat from Sky" card is tricky and Setanta may not enable a subscription on it in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Eircom offer it with bb

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Putting Setanta on a Freesat From Sky card would mean getting the UK variant of Setanta, so you'd miss out on stuff like 3pm Premiership games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

setanta is available from setanta through a sky box,ring setanta and they will send you a card, i think its about 20 euro a month only available in ireland through a sky box,you will get the freesat channels with the sky box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Widescreen

scruffy66 wrote: »
    setanta is available from setanta through a sky box,ring setanta and they will send you a card, i think its about 20 euro a month only available in ireland through a sky box,you will get the freesat channels with the sky box

Setanta cannot/will not send out Sky Viewing Cards.Unless the numerous members of their staff I have spoken to during a recent fruitless effort trying to subscribe to their services have been lying to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Widescreen wrote: »
    Setanta cannot/will not send out Sky Viewing Cards.Unless the numerous members of their staff I have spoken to during a recent fruitless effort trying to subscribe to their services have been lying to me!

+1

Advertisement