Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activesync Email Device

• 15-09-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

First off i'm a massive blackberry fan. I have an 8310 on o2 at the moment. But my company has decided to cut off blackberry access and move everybody to using exchange activesync.

Which means i either go with

Nokia E71 - I want something with a keyboard
    Iphone - Nice but I'm apprehensive about the lack of a keyboard
    Some Windows Mobile Device - Not sure what is available on Irish networks...

Any thoughts on best option... I'm already aware of the arguments for and against the iphone, but I'm wondering if anybody has any positive experiences with Windows Mobile Devices that are available on Irish networks.... I gather that o2 are getting both the E71 and the Treo Pro.

I use it as
    Phone - Heavily
    Reading Email - Heavily
    Writing Emails - Medium
    Texting - Medium
    Instant Messaging - Heavily

I'm willing to consider Vodafone/O2/Three... I want 3g so meteor are out.

Advice would be appreciated.

Derek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I'm a bit biased but I'd recommend the E71. My wife has the iphone and it drives me (and her sometimes) nuts. The E71 is a superb device.

Vodafone are selling the E71 now €230 ish for a new connection. Throw in the 1GB ISP for 9.99 a month and you're all set.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

if you really need a keyboard then your options are limited. I have similar usage to you though and iphone 3G works really well for me. Much better than E65 or E70. The screen size makes a massive difference for all data apps, email, reading attachments etc. I do a lot of collaborative work on issue tracking externally accessible sites etc and the iphone is amazing for that, the E65 and E70 were useless as web viewers. If you use online productivity tools it is perfect for that also (RTM toodledo etc)

I generally only write small number of emails from iphone and you pick up the txt entry quickly. However editing attachments etc isn't really possible so if that is important it's a no go.

There are about 3 or 4 missing features that are annoying for me, no task sync for example, but there are ways around them all and it beats the competition for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 racer25

The xda range from 02 are quiter. You could always look at the nokia e90.

Advertisement