Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering about 1K of parts, Komplett or Versand

Options
  • 15-09-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've had good experiences with Komplett before but I'm leaning towards Hardware-Versand cos they are 910 versus 990 for the same parts with komplett. Does anyone know how long it will take for in stock parts to reach me from Versand? they have not been very responsive so far, but komplett have been pretty good (as usual). is the extra money worth it (for the peace of mind)??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I see you have not been reading the terrible feedback komplett are getting here :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242

Most of this is probably due to the fact they have just hired a whole host of new people and are still training. But completly ignoring emails and phone calls from customers has put a big black mark on them in my book.

Versand are pretty quick. 3-5 days if everything is in stock. Are you sure there is only a 80€ difference ? As the vat difference alone should save you that even if the prices were identical (13.5% in germany. 17.5% here in ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

H8 the way you cant pay them using MasterCard. Just to lazy to go to a bank and send them the money.

Was ordering €700 worth of stuff from komplett, then checked Dabs and it came out very much the same only a few € in the differince. But the germans came out cheaper by a good 60 odd €.

Did not do the order in the end, as i must have spent €2k over the past 6 to 8 weeks on computer gear :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Manties wrote: »
    Versand are pretty quick. 3-5 days if everything is in stock. Are you sure there is only a 80€ difference ? As the vat difference alone should save you that even if the prices were identical (13.5% in germany. 17.5% here in ireland)

Is the vat rate not 17 and 21% respectively?

You could well be right infact. I was only going by what i read on another thread. Google isn't helping me find the answer either. Its sayign anywhere from 13 - 25% for germany !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats correct & Vats 19% in UK IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well we are definitely 21%. According to this Germany's is 19% (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502578), another site said the same. Odd as I always thought it was 17%. Luxembourg's is only 15% though. Time to start looking for a online retailer in Luxembourg that ships to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

german colleague has just informed me that the VAT rate on parts in Germany is 19%
    Ireland is 21%

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

After good reviews here, I ordered some stuff from Hardwareversand worth 460 euro more than a month ago.
    I paid them by international bank transfer on Aug 9th.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for the parts :(

The problem is one item (A Hauppage PVR 150 tv tuner card)

I am a bit pissed off now, the most irritating bit is that they keep pushing back the 'ready to ship' date for the item.
    I think I am going to cancel my order now.

So make sure the item is in stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Wcool wrote: »
    After good reviews here, I ordered some stuff from Hardwareversand worth 460 euro more than a month ago.

I am a bit pissed off now, the most irritating bit is that they keep pushing back the 'ready to ship' date for the item.

i had the same problem with complete, i guess its hit or miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

VAT used to be 17% here in germany. it has recently gone upto its current mark of 19%

• Advertisement

that sucks :/

Wcool wrote: »

besides using the web-site and checking the quantity level is >0, how can I check if the parts are in stock. the knob-jockeys won't answer my emails (which made me suspicious which is why i checked their bona fides with you guys by starting this thread. then again komplett are legit and are slow to respond (but don't ignore the way HWVD))

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

besides using the web-site and checking the quantity level is >0, how can I check if the parts are in stock. the knob-jockeys won't answer my emails (which made me suspicious which is why i checked their bona fides with you guys by starting this thread. then again komplett are legit and are slow to respond (but don't ignore the way HWVD))

Indeed that is the only time, I guess you just have to be aware that slogans like: Expected in 3 days, don't mean anything.

For a while I was suspicious about their bona fides too. But I did get an answer finally. Also the phone number works from Skype for me but they only spoke German, which is a language I haven't spoken in 5 years.

But finally today I received a message that they will split the order, and sent the tuner card later, which suits me.

All-in-all, it just looks like they are swamped a bit, will try a 2nd time later in the year to form a final opinion.

thanks for the replies guys, but I'm REALLY confused about how to pay for it (ie, got email with invoice, that I need to bring into my bank (no credit card/paypal WTF??), get them to hold my hand as I fill it out and HOPE it all goes well and I get the parts in 2 weeks or so??

on the other hand they haver EVERYTHING i want (apparently in stock) and cheaper than the rest too. I tried to add them to the bank of ireland online site through add internataional payee but it puked out on the IBAN for some reason

stuck on the fence here guys. should I walk into the bank, fork over the cash or just buy from other more reliable suppliers (i'll be buying from 3 of them to get the bits i want though :(

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 battytest

what are you buying ?

Up until now your basket contains the following articles:
    Article Availability Price per unit Quantity Price
    Club3D HD4870 1024MB, ATI Radeon HD4870, PCI-Express
    The price includes VAT and excludes shipping costs
    ready for dispatch 221,33 € 221,33 € [Delete article]
    Antec Sonata III, ATX, 500 Watt
    ready for dispatch 97,15 € 97,15 € [Delete article]
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Tray 6144Kb, LGA775, 64bit
    ready for dispatch from 2008-09-17 147,93 € 147,93 € [Delete article]
    ASUS P5Q Pro, Sockel 775 Intel P45, ATX
    ready for dispatch 108,20 € 108,20 € [Delete article]

+ 4gb RAM + cpu cooler + logitech G5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Just a heads up. That Club3D HD4870 1024MBhas gone out of stock again. I've another thread here regarding items that that go out of stock before a bank transfer has reached them?? I hope they hold on to them after they have given out an order number? If not the order could take months as what's to stop another item being out of stock in the mean time? :confused:

thanks for that. not gonna order the GFX card off them as its out of stock so will create a new order for everything bar the gfx card. can i just ring BOI 365 and have HWVD added as an international benficiariary so I don't need to keep going into the bank. thanks guys

You can but I believe its not quite that simple with BOI. Got the wife to organise my transfer the other day in a BOI branch and it was a painful experience. Also asked her to make sure it was an express transfer and she was told it didn't make any difference as both banks were based in the EU. Had a look at the copy of the form and this is not the case according to the form. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Dingatron wrote: »
    Just a heads up. That Club3D HD4870 1024MBhas gone out of stock again. I've another thread here regarding items that that go out of stock before a bank transfer has reached them?? I hope they hold on to them after they have given out an order number? If not the order could take months as what's to stop another item being out of stock in the mean time? :confused:

I'm not sure but I think that they do - I think that they treat an order as a reservation on the item. If you fill in the form to be notified when an out-of-stock item comes in they send you an email saying you can reserve the item (add it to your basket).
    Dear customer,

the article you asked for

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3, Intel P45, ATX, DDR2, PCI-Express

is current with the amount of 1 now available in our shop.
    Without reservation we cannot guarantee you obligatory availability.

Please reserve the commodity free of charge over this link in our Online-Shop
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/basket.jsp?basket.add_aid=22403&ref=132&basket.tkt=1
    Again thats not a definite answer, just my impression. Could be totally wrong. They sure don't give a good impression regarding customer service, I've an unanswered email with them since the middle of last week.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had it set to notify me when it came in and had the item saved in My Notes. When I got the email I then added my saved items to basket and completed the order. Hopefully it is reserved as it could be weeks before these cards are back in supply as they seem thin on the ground everywhere in Europe.

Advertisement