Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 Toll Barrier

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I've seen the M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread sticky but I need a quick reply as I might have to pay up in a few hours!

Yesterday morning and evening I used the M50 from Dun Laoghaire to Kildare and back on the N7. First time I used the motorway since the barrier free tolling started.

Previously the toll plaza was between Junction 7 and 6 - N4(Lucan) and N3(Blanchardstown). I thought the toll barrier was still between N4 and N3 but yesterday when I passed Ballymount just before taking the N7, before the road works I saw a barrier with what looked like at least 3 white long cameras, like long tubes facing different lanes.

So have I actually passed the toll barrier!? I don't have any tag as I don't need to use the M50! So do I have to pay up now or what? I heard that the Barriers are closer to the old toll booth between N4 and N3 so either I heard wrong or else I was dreaming!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No, whatever that was, it wasn't the toll camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Thanks! I checked the M50 and NRA website and it says that that part of the M50 was upgraded so maybe those barriers were placed then. But I was wondering what over 3 Cameras in the same place were doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's your quick answer. No let's stick to the sticky ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement