Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to the glenlo abbey hotel?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

I have a wedding to attend in the glenlo abbey hotel leter this year. As i live in dublin i need somewhere to stay but the glenlo abbey starts at 290 for a room! So are there any other close hotels that you guys know of? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The closest hotel would be the Westwood House Hotel. There are also a couple of B&Bs in the vicinity.

Good luck!

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Any other hotel would realistically be a taxi ride so you can pick any Galway hotel. Have a look at Galway Hotels on tripadvisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There's actually a B&B right beside the Glenlo called Killeen house; has been there years and is meant to be nice. Hotelwise the closest would be The Westwood as mentioned previously.

The Clybaun hotel wouldn't be too far away either(theres a back road) although I'm not too sure what the story with that is at the moment; it was meant to be closing but sure worth a call anyways!!

Bushypark is a ten-fifteen minute taxi ride into the city centre, so you're looking at around 15yoyos in perhaps??

Advertisement