Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA shop

• 15-09-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I bought War this morning on EA shop uk but cant download it.
    I recieved an email with two keys

WARSEA-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

WARSEA-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

And also this :

'DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS

Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name.'

When I do this the Start button in the Ea downloader is greyed out

What am I doing wrong? Apart from expecting things to run smoothly that is :)

If anyone got a link to where I could D/L it quickly send me a PM.

I was going to wait and buy it in the shop but I thought I'd try out that EA store...seems a mistake!

Nem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I downloaded the Beta client from Gamershell.com
    That will work for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

also you can download it from www.war-europe.com as well i think, few mirrios areound the place.. EA store so far seems very un-trustworthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Would be it because you missed the pre-order window which gives you a headstart?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Nah it's not that. I tried to download it from the EA downloader (before I realised I didn't need to) the day it appeared there and it's still greyed out.

The EA Store has really dropped the ball with this. Late sending out beta codes, not keeping people informed, not specifying head start dates, this download issue which no doubt has a lot of people confused - particularly those who weren't in the OB.

Strange really as anyone who bought from Direct2Drive had no problems. It was cheaper too.

friend of mine pre-orderd a while ago and while he has gotten his live code (which starts the same as your code) he still waiting on his early access code.

Strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Those codes are for the standard release, which means you can't play til Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Maximilian wrote: »
    Strange really as anyone who bought from Direct2Drive had no problems. It was cheaper too.

And they were advertising Direct2Drive on the EA store warhammer page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm so happy i bought mine from EA...wtf was i thinking?

I tried direct2disk but it woulndt accept my 2 CC's or take Paypal so I read the above and thought.."well he is happy with EA" so I'll try and get it there.

LOL my sarcasm radar was turned off.

No damage done anyway as I'll pick it up at some stage from a shop.

Been patient is the first step in my new responsible gaming :rolleyes: why would I want a headstart..with War I'll take my time and smell the roses,not like WoW where as a rogue I was an Elitist jerk disciple and number cruncher.

"Dear Brian,

Welcome to WAR!

Thank you for pre-ordering Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning from EA Store.

We wanted to let you know that the Warhammer Beta you have downloaded will automatically patch itself to become the full game. You do not need to download any other files.

If for any reason you have not been playing the Beta – and need to download the game client – please follow this link to access your game:
    http://www.war-europe.com/#/clientdl/?lang=en

For those of you with access to the Live Game Head Start and Unlockable Items, these codes are listed below.

LIVE GAME HEADSTART: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx

UNLOCKABLE ITEMS: xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx

The Live Head Start is currently scheduled to start 09.00AM CET on September 15th. Simply enter the code at the Warhammer website http://www.war-europe.com/#/activation/?lang=en and you’ll be in the game!

Your code for accessing the full game will be sent to you on Wednesday 17th September.

If you are having trouble downloading the Warhammer Beta please contact customer services by clicking here and we will help you.

Good luck preparing for War!

The EA Store team."

Thing is when I go to the link for downloading the beta client I cant download it..(maybe because beta is finished :rolleyes:..)

It would probably take me 2 days to Download it or the game anyway.

Anyone got the beta uploaded anywhere nice and fast in Ireland?

There are torrents that would still have it.

I assume you're having the greyed out button issue that a lot of people seem to be having?

• Advertisement

Yeah its greyed out,

I'd be ok with downloading it and then playing on 18th but its the uncertainty and confusing message from EA that botehrs me..just a little.

I wanted to test out my new upgraded eircom 7mb line on the download.

I've no time to play tonight anyway..will be watching the 'pool !.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I downloaded the beta and it patched up fine. Patch was near the 300meg mark.

Just went and checked to see if i could download it..and I can..at 2%.

Very good..tonight I forsee a sneaky 2am game of Warhammer which will magically change into Tiger woods 2009 on the Wii if I hear my wife walking down the hall.

I better hide the shotgun.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

NEMMY!!!!! Long time man! Wifey still giving you probs? :p
    So, she doesnt mind a midnight game of Wii Golf but MMO's are a no-no??

I decided to skip the first week and I'll play from friday onwards because I'm not in a hurry (I blasted through WOW and regretted it when I hit 70) so I'm going to take my time a bit with my main here. Plus I'll hopefully miss all that teething problems malarky.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

DeVore wrote: »
    I decided to skip the first week and I'll play from friday onwards because I'm not in a hurry (I blasted through WOW and regretted it when I hit 70) so I'm going to take my time a bit with my main here. Plus I'll hopefully miss all that teething problems malarky.
    DeV.

+1 on that DeVore

Have to say that its great crack reading this warhammer forum...so much going on atm. Roll on Friday :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wideband wrote: »
    +1 on that DeVore

Have to say that its great crack reading this warhammer forum...so much going on atm. Roll on Friday :D

Starting later does give the advantage of having people around for the likes of PQ and RvR. There's guys in the US who were at level 29 today. Must be pretty quiet up there at the end of tier 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That would suck. You wouldnt be able to do anything, bar standard questing. The majority of the fun that i'm having is from RvR and PQ (frustrating rolls aside).

Its the same Wife Tom!.

Actually I was always around the Boards here using different names becuase I forgot my password again to Nemesis.

But Gerry sorted me out and promised he wouldnt tell you I forgot for the third time.

Game installing now..taking ages..then to patch it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The patch is only 300mb or so. Shouldnt take too long. The queues might take longer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I have quite a high tolerance threshold for problems in MMOs at this stage, so I didn't mind getting started right away. I'm in no rush, though. Once i hit rank 9, I stopped PvEing, and stuck to running around Ekrund and Mount Bloodhorn either solo or in small PUGs while waiting in the queue for the scenario. I have to say, this has been the most fun I've had in a MMO for a very long time. I'm looking forward to the rest of my group joining later this week so we can RvR properly. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement