Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie now worth €2.5m?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

A witty riposte? That would be some funny fencing! ;)

Rapier sharp wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

A witty riposte? That would be some funny fencing! ;)

Rapier sharp wit.

^a witty repost

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Touché *

DeV
    *Yes, it actually IS a fencing pun.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The valuation isnt a value of what its doing today. It has factored in the growth graphs and also if Daft can help us move the company on, it may well be worth a lot more.
    Google after all, is just a simple search engine and doesnt even use banner ads on their site nor popups nor ANYTHING. :)
    There are better business models out there, it just takes a bit of creative thinking. Most companies simply abuse their customers because they can't be arsed doing that thinking.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nice work if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So can we get a christmas bonus comprised of coke and hookers?

Hooker only I'm afraid, they took all the coke and now need to work that debt off.

Boards.ie, now yer pimpin'!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DeVore wrote: »
    growth graphs

I refuse to believe that these exist, and if they do that business people call them this with a serious face. I'm cracking up just thinking about saying it in a business environment...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sherifu wrote: »
    Nice work if you can get it.

(€250000 / 10 years) / 5 people == €5,000 a year each.

There are easier ways of earning that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

DeVore wrote: »
    Hooker only I'm afraid, they took all the coke and now need to work that debt off.
    I hope my bitch is decent looking.

• Advertisement

nevf wrote: »
    I hope my bitch is decent looking.
    Concepta has a lovely personality.

DeV.
    ps: Project, normally I'm very clear with language, but honestly I dont know what I was thinking when I wrote that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

A dog has got personality, I was thinking more along the lines of wanton women (thats right, plural) with added silicone.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mmm....wantons...

Wanton.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

enjoy those dumplings now, I'm holding out for Dita Von Teese and Gretchen Mol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Overheal wrote: »
    How the **** does a message board value to 2.5 million Euros :eek:

Quite simple really. Look how many people use this site ever day/week/month. See the adverts at the top/bottom of every single page ? Thats the bulk of the income this site makes through direct payment or google.

Advertisement