Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning Scammers on Gumtree selling fake tickets.

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Didn't know if I should post here or GAA so maybe a Mod could move it

Answered ad on gumtree for All Ireland Tickets, here is text of response.
    Hello,> Total price for 2
    Tix will be 300 EURO> 4 Tix will be 600 EURO> > The tickets are located Side by Side DAVIN STAND TICKETS> YOU HAVE ACCESS ALL AREAS BARS AND RESTURANTS. I am located> in DUblin but I am currently in Glasgow with some> business and I cannot view competition, that's why I> suggest to use> eBay Direct Payment since (Gumtree) was recently> bought by eBay we will have 100 % protection. I will ship> via UPS overnight and> the tickets will arrive in maximum 24 h> > I will need your full name and shipping address so i can> contact eBay and let them know about this purchase.They> will then> contact you with payment> and shipping details.Let me know if this is ok with you.> I wait your reply> Regards

Looked like an obvious cut and paste and the language is a bit dodge so asked for serial numbers and pic and the muppet emails me a pic of Lower Hogan Stand tickets that was obviously pulled from E-Bay.

Cavet Emptor!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Seems odd alright. An Irish person def did not write that. If they did they better get some English lessons:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Did you inform gumtree?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I did but from experience the emails on but no-one's home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

"I cannot view competition"

Irish Mans version "Jez I can't get home fer the Match"

Send us the link and we will 419 him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

This is a regular scam on Gumtree, The seller always seems to have gone to another country and wants immediate payment. NEVER DEAL WITH a SELLER who uses Gumtree for any items

Advertisement