Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford diesels

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Considering a new or nearly new C-Max for my wife, the 1.6 TDCi seems like the best option due to low CO2 and excellent fuel economy. However, I see there are two versions, a 90PS and a 109 PS with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).

Anybody know if these are the same engine with the 109PS remapped for more power / torque, or if they are totally different engines? Any experiences of either engine regarding noise, refinement, etc

many thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Pete67 wrote: »
    Considering a new or nearly new C-Max for my wife, the 1.6 TDCi seems like the best option due to low CO2 and excellent fuel economy. However, I see there are two versions, a 90PS and a 109 PS with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).

Anybody know if these are the same engine with the 109PS remapped for more power / torque, or if they are totally different engines? Any experiences of either engine regarding noise, refinement, etc

many thanks,

Pete.

Same engine so far as I know, Peugeot engine, not Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes it is the same engine but just in two different states of tune.

I have the 110bhp in my Focus and find it good enough. Good refinement and nowhere near as noisy as say a VAG TDi for example. Decent real world excelleration and I'm getting around 53mpg from it.

Advertisement