Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CASV?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

I have a Dboys M4 CASv... But I don't have a clue what CASv stand for..could any tell me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

http://www.lanworldinc.com/CASV2_rails_615x461.jpg

the front end specifically is a casv system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

weeder wrote: »
    http://www.lanworldinc.com/CASV2_rails_615x461.jpg

the front end specifically is a casv system

Ah that makes sense... But does CASV stand for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Component Adaptor System 5. They're not standard issue on RS rifles, they're made as aftermarket parts by a company called Vltor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

NakedDex wrote: »
    Component Adaptor System 5. They're not standard issue on RS rifles, they're made as aftermarket parts by a company called Vltor.

Well look at you johnny brainbank :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Doomofman wrote: »
    Well look at you johnny brainbank :P

lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not completely, I rooted around for a Vltor catalogue after I posted that because I remember the CASV being given mil grade numbers so it must have been used by someone. Turns out they're in (limited) use with the US Navy.
    Good news is, according to this, they've released them to civilian purchases now. So if you want a real one it'll only cost you $280. Bargain Gucci gear there.
    Sorry about not giving the full proper info first time there.

Advertisement