Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob with vodafone uk roaming...can't make calls.

• 15-09-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

in England with my irish vodafone phone, am registered for vodafone passport.
    But having a strange problem, I can send and receive sms messages, as well as receiving calls. However, I can't make any outgoing calls...I keep getting "number error"

I am correctly using the +353 format, omitting the first digit of the phone number, I've tried selecting different networks, and also made sure my phone ID is not blocked, in case this was the reason for the problem.

All to no avail,

help or suggestions please?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

if you can send SMS and someone receives it then you must have working numbers in Intl format.
    Can you ring UK numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Home_numlock

No, I can't ring UK numbers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

You could try using 00353 instead as this can sometimes work when +353 doesn't; the same can be tested for UK numbers e.g. 0044.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Home_numlock

^^

tried this too, and also doesn't work! :-(

Advertisement