Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i get out of joining a political party?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Pen1987 wrote: »
    So in essence, theyre the ultimate populists who'll promise the world but know it cant be delivered.

*not a political party member*

No, I said tries. It can't be done, not without Scandanavian tax levels, which would cripple the working class.

It's an issue that any party with such a broad base of membership will have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Pen1987 wrote: »
    So in essence, theyre the ultimate populists who'll promise the world but know it cant be delivered.

*not a political party member*

you have to bear in mind that a significant number of fianna fail voters would still vote ff even they were to act in a mugabe like fashion , they vote ff simply because thier ancestors did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Priscilla Duck

turgon wrote: »
    So are you saying you would put the slower learners in with the fast paced ones?

Streaming and tracking by ability has been shown by numerous studies (by St Pats, UCD and Mary I as well as international educationalists) to compound the difficulties experienced by students with lower results and do little to improve the results of what you term 'fast-paced learners'. All streaming does is make teachers' lives easier while disadvantaging those students who already have problems. This is why current special needs policy operates by providing mainstream education to all children in mixed classrooms. It might inconvenience teachers but it is better for children to learn in mixed ability settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Trebor wrote: »
    I'm back in ireland now after being away for the last 4 years for uni. i'm very interested in politics and would like to learn more about getting involved in a party but i'm curious as to why i should?

what do i get out of being a member of a party and why should i spend my free time getting involved?

obviously i will need to look into which party i would want to join but that seems to be in itself a tricky decision as there is very little difference in the main parties.

Well it depends i guess how old are you and where do you see yourself politically? leaning to the Left - center- or right?

I think you should read quickly the link in my signature and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I think you should read quickly the link in my signature and see what you think.[/quote]

There are very few in Ireland who would go anywhere near the IRSP; either join or vote for the party.

• Advertisement

CSC wrote: »
    I think you should read quickly the link in my signature and see what you think.

There are very few in Ireland who would go anywhere near the IRSP; either join or vote for the party.[/quote]

And why is that? Great to see we have someone who can happily generalise for "most people":rolleyes:

There are very few in Ireland who would go anywhere near the IRSP; either join or vote for the party.

And why is that? Great to see we have someone who can happily generalise for "most people":rolleyes:[/quote]

Where do I start?

The last story I read about your party was when five of it's members were arrested in Clondalkin in September for making pipe bombs as part of a gang feud.

CSC wrote: »
    And why is that? Great to see we have someone who can happily generalise for "most people":rolleyes:

Where do I start?

The last story I read about your party was when five of it's members were arrested in Clondalkin in September for making pipe bombs as part of a gang feud.

Please tell me you are joking? You're only source of information is a newspaper article, written by irelands poorest journalist who's stories are never substanciated. I pity your gullability. His articles are nothing more than light entertainment and are surely not believed by anyone?

Paul williams makes constant claims against the RSM. He claims that the RSM are involved in a large drugs feud? No member ever of the RSM has ever been convicted of anything in relation to drugs, that is absolutely true you can check it for yourself but if you are to believe that the RSM are involved as paul williams would suggest then that is an unbelievable feat and a poor evaluation for our gardai?

Please do not make an assumption or an evaluation about my party on nothing but a column from a journalist with an agenda and a quota to fill. Truthfully i feel only angry at paul williams because he is abusing his power to help create these unneccesary claims against our party and it makes people like yourself form generalisations about a certain party.

Please take a minute to read the link in my signature, it is what we believe in and what we stand for. We have no alterior motives or hidden agenda's, We are clear and proud of our policies and would hope that further generalisations won't be made based on a poor journalists claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Please tell me you are joking? You're only source of information is a newspaper article, written by irelands poorest journalist who's stories are never substanciated. I pity your gullability. His articles are nothing more than light entertainment and are surely not believed by anyone?

Paul williams makes constant claims against the RSM. He claims that the RSM are involved in a large drugs feud? No member ever of the RSM has ever been convicted of anything in relation to drugs, that is absolutely true you can check it for yourself but if you are to believe that the RSM are involved as paul williams would suggest then that is an unbelievable feat and a poor evaluation for our gardai?

Please do not make an assumption or an evaluation about my party on nothing but a column from a journalist with an agenda and a quota to fill. Truthfully i feel only angry at paul williams because he is abusing his power to help create these unneccesary claims against our party and it makes people like yourself form generalisations about a certain party.

Please take a minute to read the link in my signature, it is what we believe in and what we stand for. We have no alterior motives or hidden agenda's, We are clear and proud of our policies and would hope that further generalisations won't be made based on a poor journalists claims.

I don't buy the Sunday World nor have I read any of Paul Williams' books so I don't base anything on what he writes. The incident I mentioned as an example happened in Clondalkin in September and was reported in all the national papers (including the Irish Times which I read daily).
    Your 'movement' has a terrible record and that is fact. How many of your members has been killed by internal feuds? Why don't you stand in elections and put your policies to the people and then we can see if I have made 'generalisations'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

rcecil wrote: »
    Sinn Fein is the only opposition party now that the Green's have become corporate.

www.sinnfein.ie It's no longer about the war in the north. Now it's a real choice for working class, concerned, environmental and human rights interested folks.

are you having a laugh......the only thing that Provisional Sinn Fein are in opposition to is a united Ireland, lest there british paymasters stop paying them.

if you want to join a party with real Principles and a party that has remained true to Irish Republican principles then i suggest you check out www.rsf.ie

this party is the only true alternative to the status quo that wields corruption in this state presently.

Advertisement