Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you an active person?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do you like to keep fit or busy?
    M-W-F Iaijutsu training, Saturday instruct taekwondo, swim almost daily, and occasionally surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I head to the gym 3 - 4 times a week but that's about as far as it goes. I'm always saying I should go out for more walks but it never, ever lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im not the most active person.did fitness tests in pe the toher day got the lowest in my class in the bleep test(highest in step test and sit ups though)
    i have dancing between 3-10 hours a week and i have horse riding for an hour or so on saturdays and double pe in school...and i do have the random bursts of energy and just bop around like crazy.
    i dont like "real" excersise though...hate the gym,football etc.
    thank god for my good metabolism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

I love sports. I go crazy if I'm not active. At the moment i'm playing ladies football, basketball and tag rugby. I train about 5 days a week sometimes twice a day depending if training/matches clash. I'm hoping to take up surfing as soon as the football season finishes.
    Sometimes it's hard after working all day but I actually feel worse if I do nothing for a week rather than if I do loads of training. I'm always knackered from doing nothing if I take a week off training.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My opportunities to train are limited so Ive been known to run 5k at half ten at night when the kiddies are in bed. It feels a bit mad, tbh, but needs must. Im hoping when the kids are older to do a lot more, so Im trying to keep up a certain level of fitness. Its hard though, a bit of a headwreck when you have to do it alone all the time.

Someone mentioned rollerskating here, and Ive had a pair since Christmas, but havent gone out on em. Im dying to, I used to skate all the time as a kid. But no tarmac here, and Im paranoid and think a mammy of my age might get arrested or sent to the psyche ward if she went rollerskating in public.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

not very active.. :( used to go for walks most nights with a friend most night but she moved awhile ago & its much less appealing to go for a walk on your own. but im starting a salsa class soon so thatll do me some good (& hopefully be fun too :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

I am a very active person who enjoys running, biking and hiking. Any activity outdoors I enjoy, but I also need quiet time to myself with no one else around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

I do exactly..........nothing!

I did gymnastics as a kid though and can still do the splits, cartwheels and handstands but all the other moves are GONE !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nasher

I really go through phases, depends on if I have anything coming up that I wanna look hot for or how busy I am with other things! At the mo I've just got a new workout plan at the gym so I'll go there four times a week. Also, I do pilates and my friend is teaching me golf :D Ya get so much more energy when ya work out and ya look nicer so its a win win situation :)!

Advertisement