Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling from Thai to Laos etc

• 15-09-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry for starting another thread but I'm looking for info on getting around SE Asia. I'm heading off with my GF in January and will be starting from Bangkok...heading for either Koh Saumi or Phuket, does anyone know how easy it is to get to either cheaply?

Also will be getting train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai at some stage and was wondering how easy it is to get to Laos from there or is there a better departure point?

Then (sorry for all the questions!!) not sure how where to go or how long to spend in Laos but would like to know best way to get to Vietnam and finally to Cambodia and cover the loop..hope this makes some sense.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

allin-king wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for starting another thread but I'm looking for info on getting around SE Asia. I'm heading off with my GF in January and will be starting from Bangkok...heading for either Koh Saumi or Phuket, does anyone know how easy it is to get to either cheaply?

Also will be getting train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai at some stage and was wondering how easy it is to get to Laos from there or is there a better departure point?

Then (sorry for all the questions!!) not sure how where to go or how long to spend in Laos but would like to know best way to get to Vietnam and finally to Cambodia and cover the loop..hope this makes some sense.

Thanks

you can buy combined bus/boat tickets to the islands in the south pretty cheaply in bangkok, about 750 baht. trains are an option aswell as far as i know but no idea of the prices.

you can arrange to get to laos from chang mai very easily in a travel agent in chang mai. i've been to luang prabang and vang vieng in laos, both really cool. how long to spend there is up to you i guess! i stayed about two weeks and was in no rush to leave...i did the loop in the opposite way to you, i flew to luang prabang from hanoi. so you could go to vietnam that way, or else take a bus, my mate got the bus it's about 20 hours i think but he said it wasn't too bad.

you'll find a lot out as you go, investing in a guide book isn't a bad idea if it's your first time over there! hope this helps, have a good trip man!

Advertisement