Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus NTL UPC Broadband Ultra Pack HELP!

Options
  • 15-09-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm thinking about getting the 'Broadband Ultra' pack from NTL. I've been reading on other threads that even though the website says there is no cap on usage limits can I still get penalised for going over some imaginary download limit (if one exisits)???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

There is a limit - that's what "fair use" in their terms and conditions means. However, what that limit is only UPC knows and it has been debated in a number of threads here (try searching) but again, nobody knows for sure. UPC do not currently charge people for excessive use - if you manage to essentially break whatever the "fair use" cap is, you will most likely get some kind of warning from them (letter/phone call) and if you keep it up over the next few months, they'll discontinue your service. That did happen for some users back when there was a 40GB cap on the top end package, but no such reports (yet) for the new packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

Well seeing as it would be possible to download 3600gb in 30days I would think that if one downloaded say 600gbs in 30days that you couldn't be accused of abusing the service. Fair is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

From practical experience, I say that it doesn;t matter if my UPC ultra package doesn't give me the 20mb that it is upposed to, I'm delighted with the lack of a cap which I've made more use of my BB with in the last two months than in the last five years with NTL.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciantrigb

Thats great, thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Blindpew wrote: »
    Well seeing as it would be possible to download 3600gb in 30days I would think that if one downloaded say 600gbs in 30days that you couldn't be accused of abusing the service. Fair is fair.

What you think and what UPC think are different, if downloading 400GB-1TB affects other users in your area then they will do something about it and they are within there rights to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

Cabaal wrote: »
    What you think and what UPC think are different, if downloading 400GB-1TB affects other users in your area then they will do something about it and they are within there rights to do so.

Would you think that someone in Dublin would have more chance of being terminated by UPC than someone in Waterford, where there are less customers?
    When you say area, do you mean the whole city or just a specific part?

Advertisement