Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queues for servers...

Options
  • 15-09-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I understand the reason behind it but it seems to be getting a little bit silly. I tried to log on to my main character and there is a 60 minute wait. I then go and try log on with my alt on another server and theres a 45 minute wait.

Seems a bit silly. From now on I'm gonna leave the game running and not log out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But it automatically logs you out after a certain amount of inactivity. I've decided to buy a Philipino boy to play the game for me while I sleep. But if he gains any XP at all, he gets a beating for ruining my gaming experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

its so silly, 54 min wait , 357/388 in que.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

humanji wrote: »
    But it automatically logs you out after a certain amount of inactivity. I've decided to buy a Philipino boy to play the game for me while I sleep. But if he gains any XP at all, he gets a beating for ruining my gaming experience!

Macro, keystroke every 10 minutes. All sorted. Its what they did for bg's in Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

450 person wait after i locked up. Bleh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

appertly the servers only have 1/3 of user cap atm.. and forgot to change it back to the 1/2 they had it at yesterday :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Yes the queues are annoying, even more annoying is when your client crashes and you have to restart the game and wait another god knows how long to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yes, the CTD followed by a queue is seriously annoying. Ah well, 20 min down, 56 to go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Macro, keystroke every 10 minutes. All sorted. Its what they did for bg's in Wow.

Violates EULA/TOS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i think you only have to queue if you play the zer... i mean destruction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Funky wrote: »
    i think you only have to queue if you play the zer... i mean destruction

queue on the official order server too for order :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

LOL this is ridiculous. First the patching experience, then the game won't run on Vista and I have to spend time looking what this unhelpful error message is all about, then patch DirectX9, then finally log into it, create a char and be told that the queue is 505 people and there's 18h wait time! MUAHAHAHAH!!

At this stage I'll log in before work, leave an auto clicker on, and hopefully get through the queue when I get home. And this isn't even the whole pop, just the CE/SE crowd joining!

By the way, Destro is way overpopulated on every server it's just silly. I hope we'll get millions of moronic children joining from WoW, otherwise the Order side is gonna be pretty empty. No point in RvR when there's noone to fight!

Played for 10 mins, game crashed, restarted and I'm back in the 500+ queue. Marvelous indeed!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

netman wrote: »
    Played for 10 mins, game crashed, restarted and I'm back in the 500+ queue. Marvelous indeed!

I haven't had a single crash, even in the open beta & I use Vista. Are your video and audio drivers up-to-date?

If anyone is getting the black screen crash when they tab out try switching to windowed mode, sorted it out for me.

Maximilian wrote: »
    I haven't had a single crash, even in the open beta & I use Vista. Are your video and audio drivers up-to-date?

Switched to unsigned drivers now, we'll see if it's gonna make it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

although it says 18 hours thats its default time, wait a few minutes and it drops down to the real wait time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Haven't played my destruction toon at all yet, given the choice between the shorter order queue I'll take it every time.

Hopefully once the game is out a bit the queues will die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

What are the queue times like today? Yesterday when I got in from work at 18.30 there was a one and a half hour queue for my destro char, I was expecting it so went off to cook dinner and do some tidying, only to have my internet connection bomb out after about an hour. Decided I couldn't be arsed queue again and rolled a White Lion on some low order pop opem server. White Lions freaking own lol. Want to play my shaman tonight though, hoping for a shorter queue.

Wreck wrote: »
    What are the queue times like today? Yesterday when I got in from work at 18.30 there was a one and a half hour queue for my destro char, I was expecting it so went off to cook dinner and do some tidying, only to have my internet connection bomb out after about an hour. Decided I couldn't be arsed queue again and rolled a White Lion on some low order pop opem server. White Lions freaking own lol. Want to play my shaman tonight though, hoping for a shorter queue.

Doesn't seem to be any queues in the morning/early afternoon, been playing all day without any, I guess that'll change when people get off work/school.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Getting a 4min queue for Azgal atm.

• Advertisement

Gah, got a total freeze of the client after getting killed by about 10 order characters, and now i have a 10 minute queue to sit through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hmmmm....this is worrying, I was thinking of buying the game this weekend. I assumed all the talk of queues was for the beta servers...are you saying there are major queues for the 'live' game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sconsey wrote: »
    Hmmmm....this is worrying, I was thinking of buying the game this weekend. I assumed all the talk of queues was for the beta servers...are you saying there are major queues for the 'live' game?

Not all servers are available, more will be online tomorrow. Some servers were the focus for the likes of the White Rose Initiative which has inflated the population. Also there are artificially low player caps to encourage players to spread and to stop the lower areas being swamped.

well, i dont know what the reasons are, but if you are thinking of playing after work (as in after 5-6pm) expect queues. just think of it as the M50 :)

and if you happen to get disconnected or the game crashes, it won't be kind to you either - back at the end of the queue.

Arrgh CTD, 35 min queue, kicked from queue 50 min queue but strangely after 5 min the number in the queue dropped by 200 and wait time to 10 min :) They must have raised the pop. cap.

Getting a 27 minute queue after logging off for dinner. Balls.

These queues are getting ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I know it might seem that way, but they are a solid strategy for limiting the "hey, lets everyone jump on this 2-3 servers". Instead, new players go to log on and then find that the server they've chosen has a crazy queue so they pick another one, one with a lower population.

Gradually, they bring up the server population cap to the maximum and everything is sorted.

WoW did it, Conan did it; pretty much every MMO with a launch like this does it. The trick is, roll on a different server :p

I will admit though, the lack of a disconnect catching system, is somewhat disappointing alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yay. Queued for something like 30 or 40 minutes. It loads briefly then bumps me back to the character selection screen but with no mouse cursor, no idea why but I'd looked away from the screen for a sec so I might have missed something. Now I'm back in the queue all over again. Another 30 minute wait :/

• Advertisement

If you get kicked back to character select you can skip the queue if you do it quickly. The only problem is that you need to keep an eye on it.

Advertisement