Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queues for servers...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I know the queues make sense...but its hard to care when you have to wait 1 hour to get into the game (2 queues, due to a DC). I just wish it was an account queue, rather then a character queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Encountered a queue for the first time today - nearly had a heart attack when I saw the wait I was in for!:P
    I wouldn't mind, except neither alt+tab or alt+enter seem to work all of the time for me, sometimes it'll just leaves me with a blank screen and I have to end task in order to get back into the game...

/edit
    ffs, had to queue up again just now - 20 minutes in the queue and it starts to load, then kicks me back to the character select screen at the bottom of the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Setting it up in windowed mode can avoid the tabbing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Ivan wrote: »

Been playing full screen since I bought the retail version, had no black screen issues, maybe it was just the headstart client.

Ivan wrote: »

That's what I've had to do now, still prefer having games running in full screen though.
    The reason I got kicked out earlier was an auto logout due to being afk, seems a little odd that you enter the world in an AFK state:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I am finding the queuing problematic. 30 mins or so on the server my wow friends have chosen. As a result I've picked up a couple of alts elsewhere but it all seems a bit meaningless not having easy access to my main and feel it lacks a certain pick up and playability.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

azgal is becoming a bit of joke.. 500 in the queue now.. grr

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Im considering rerolling Dest on a low-med population Open RVR server anyone with me ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I've never found any queues on the Makaisson roleplaying server.

Import you're dudes over there:D It's great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

We got these delays on Eltharion Open RvR too. Both sides though, Order and Dest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    I know the queues make sense...but its hard to care when you have to wait 1 hour to get into the game (2 queues, due to a DC). I just wish it was an account queue, rather then a character queue.

With this, kiith, you will have even longer queues which wouldn't be fair. Although it is quite logical.

The game is new, this happens with most new mmorpgs. It will be fixed with free migrations or expanding the servers. Well first thing I do is run warhammer, then alt tab to do other things on the net. I don't mind the wait too much to be honest.

EDIT*

If you are going to complain or make suggestions, it's pointless to do it here. Go to the warhammer forums and post it there too so the devs have some feedback, yea?

I think i'll stick with playing on Azgal during the days, when i can avoid the queue, and roll an order toon on K8P for nights like there. Only a queue of about 100 there, with a 518 queue on Azgal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Just got back from wexford and the queue's is 51minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Mac im at 34th now after 45 minutes :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is gone a bit to silly now at this stage.

Yup, queued twice this afternoon due to the aforementioned auto afk logout. Just got disconnected in the middle of a scenario now and after 15 minutes in the queue it disconnected me...
    Feels like I'm spending more time in the queue than actually playing:mad:

Shouldn't be that hard for them to remember your place in the queue for 5 minutes after a DC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Anyone know if Azgal is going to be Full for ever now. I rolled an order toon on another server because I can't wait around in a queue before I get to play. Destruction is going to be my main so I am better off finding another server to roll on?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah - queue for Order on Azgal yesterday evening. Complete pain. 3 minutes of my life - wasted! This is what you all get for rolling Destruction!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im in the queue for eight peaks destruction for 65 minutes now.
    This is ridiculous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sat in a queue for 50 mins or so, still not going to move server though. They are getting quite a lot of complaints about it so they will change the way it works sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

As soon as I get home for work I start up the queue. Gives me time to eat dinner, watch the news etc. I make sure to keep a note of the time in case I get booted when I log in. Makes it bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

**** it I'm rerolling. Queued for nearly an hour this evening only to crash when I tabbed out to take a call on Skype. If they fix the queues I'll come back to play with you guys, but atm it's just not working for me.

I'm in the queue now. 22mins and i'll be in. Plenty of time to cook and eat dinner.

...with a microwave :P

Sunday is the internets busiest day as everyone knows, so the queues yesterday were "frightening". Its back to normal today (normal being 25 mins avg queue time).

KoKane wrote: »
    Sunday is the internets busiest day as everyone knows, so the queues yesterday were "frightening". Its back to normal today (normal being 25 mins avg queue time).

Total opposite for me actually... less than 25 minute queues the 3 times I connected yesterday, but had to put up with a 55 minute queue today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

KoKane wrote: »

I've never had any problems after 10pm on a weekday, talking about 5 min queues at most. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

R0ot wrote: »
    I've never had any problems after 10pm on a weekday, talking about 5 min queues at most. :D

10 pm is bed time on week nights :o. NN all.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Saw this thread and didn't bother attempting to log in today. Just dont have the time to spend queing on a weekday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

After the cloning of servers the other day it seemed that queues had disappeared or were very short. Didn't last long, 2 hour queue to get on this evening with >600 waiting.

Guess I'd better go back to the old routine and log in as soon as I get home if I want any time to play.

Advertisement