Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queues for servers...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

631 for me now..this is a cruel joke! has anyone tried the cloned server?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

2 hours! 658! Jesus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Queues tonight are almost as bad as before cloning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, so much for me logging on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Almost 2 hour queue - fcuk that, no WAR for me tonight. I'm going to go gy camp people in AB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

looking at the patch updates is say it is the one that keeps your spot if you crash that is causing the queue's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

said feck that to the queue and rolled an order high elf archer dude, warrior or whatever theyre called on another realm. got her to 4 pretty quick but not as much fun as my maruader so queing back up, only 280 in the queue now.

ill go have a shave and a shower and should be ready to rock n roll

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know everyone says the queue's are huge during peak times, but what would you all consider as a peak time?

For example I assume when your playing during the day midweek (e.g. 10am-4pm roughly) the queue's shouldnt be that big?
    And then what time do they usually start slacking off again at? 11 or 12?

So Id be thinking that the really busy peak time is between 4 and 10/11?

Just want to get a rough idea before I buy the game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Frisbee wrote: »
    I know everyone says the queue's are huge during peak times, but what would you all consider as a peak time?

For example I assume when your playing during the day midweek (e.g. 10am-4pm roughly) the queue's shouldnt be that big?
    And then what time do they usually start slacking off again at? 11 or 12?

So Id be thinking that the really busy peak time is between 4 and 10/11?

Just want to get a rough idea before I buy the game...

From about 5pm onwards, it starts to grow. Before that, during the day, there's no queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

1hour and 25minutes..... another 58minutes before i can login.

This is turning into a right joke, great game can't stand the queue's!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Spear wrote: »
    From about 5pm onwards, it starts to grow. Before that, during the day, there's no queue.

Cheers
    And what time does it usually start to die down at night then? As that would probably be when I'd be playing most, ~10pm...

(I know its hard to say as it will always be different but just looking for a rough guesstimate)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have to say the new system of skipping the queue after a CTD is a godsend. Had two this evening and was able to log straight back in. The queue at 5.30 was the usual 10 - 15 min wait which is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

In fairness though, anyone that didnt move with the server cloning, has little right to complain about queues :p

There are literally dozens of low population servers abound at the moment, with everyone crammed onto the same 5-6 servers. While I'll admit server cloning was a unorthodox method of attempting to resolve this issue, at least they made some conscious effort to resolve such a big game-breaking issue. Something that Blizzard never had the foresight or the inclination to do.

So yeah, no whining for j00!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I think that server-cloning is kind of a bad idea in general. Wow gave people a reason to move: a high pop server would be transferred over to a low pop server with an established player base. Even if only a hundred regular players leave, the problem is reduced quite a bit.

Cloning means the original server needs to split in two in order to be successful. Unless huge amounts of people leave for the new server, it will be a ghost town. People will play for a week then rejoin the original once they realise how deserted the new server is. I reckon this is what we're seeing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Personally a free move to the server of your choice is the way forward here.
    THat way whole Guilds can pick up and move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

They really need to close the creation of characters on the overloaded server so as to force the population levels up on the other servers.

The queues are a serious turn off when it comes to play for those who have a life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They really need to close the creation of characters on the overloaded server so as to force the population levels up on the other servers.

The queues are a serious turn off when it comes to play for those who have a life ;)
    Thank god there's none of those here!

Advertisement