Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Floyd's Richard Wright RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

that's a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocked. :(

One of the most self effacing chaps in music, no idea he was ill. The various Floyds have always been private people.

RIP

edit - reunion? Jebus let the man go cold.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1bTyOMqqU

brilliant music..ill never forget bought this in scotland for £6 when i was 15..
    wonderful..

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I am in complete shock!! One of my favs is ''The great gig in the sky'' and he is up there with the best of them now!! Richard Wright RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 haveacigar

The origins of Richard's Music to "Us and Them" on Dark Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGdHJ9jIR8&feature=related

05:05 till 06:45 shows Richard's remarkable talent and how essential he was to the Floyd (Set the Controls)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_0iZQ-TuA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The tribute was pretty much out of the question as far as I know but this is devastating.

A legend is lost.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

This is terrible news and a shock. RIP the quiet man of Pink Floyd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

that sucks, too young RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

RIP Richard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Very sad news indeed, Pink Floyd music was one of the soundtracks to my adolescence. Rick was a great musician who will be sorely missed.

A sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Thanks Richard. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

God thats dissapointing, I hadn't known he was ill. Saw them in concert in Mannheim, Germany in the 80's, an awesome gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

littlejp wrote: »
    that's a shame. Wonder how this will effect the possibility of a reunion down the line?

Is that a joke? Tey're never going to get back together now, Richard's dead!

Wonderful musician, always came across as the quiet, contemplative intelligent soul of the band; a favourite of mine is Shine On you crazy Diamond, which Roger now admits was largely composed by Richard.

A man to be celabrated.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Very sad news.

Richard had a great talent & used it to bring pleasure to millions. A life well spent.
    RIP Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RIP

A legend in a legend of a band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Gone too soon, and a sad day for one of my favourite bands, didnt even know he was ill.....
    I wonder what are Roger Waters feelings, seeing as they had a huge falling out and didnt speak for years...although I would like to think they became friends again after Live8...still, not the time to worry about that, RIP indeed.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Very sad news and I also hadn't heard he was ill.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

R.I.P. very saddened by this.

Anyone in dublin, we should get into brux and take over the jukebox, play as much Floyd as we can!

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

R.I.P., Richard.

A surprisingly integral and demure member of a band who has brought me many, many hours of pleasure over the years.

Advertisement