Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone sms "error sending message"

• 15-09-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

I have a 1.1.4 first gen iPhone that I bought in the states a while back and unlocked it using Ziphone. At the time I had a vodafone sim and all was well. However, I recently changed over to O2 last week and bought my sim online as I didn't want them knowing that I am using it in an iphone. I am still using my old mobile number.

Now I can't send any sms (but can receive them + make & receive calls). All it does is give me an "error sending message" when the sms status bar is about 90% complete.

I think they have completed porting my old number over as I was able to register on the O2 website. I've tried all the other fixes you see on forums (service centre number, putting sim in old phone and sending texts, turning iphone off etc.)

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this or should I just give O2 a shout and tell them to sort it out. Would I run into any problems considering that I am using an iphone that I didn't get off them?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are you 100% sure that the o2 smsc is correct?

+353868002000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkinJob

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure that the o2 smsc is correct?

+353868002000

I think so, when dialled *#5005*7672# it gave me +353868002000 as the service center address but if I dial *5005*7672*+353868002000# it says service center address no address. Anytime I use the first code it gives me the correct service center number so I assume it is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkinJob

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Advertisement