Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000-2002 nissan maxima QX - Any complaints ?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

right ive decided on a car, looking at 00-02 Nissan maxima QX's (full leather, auto, cruise control) - anyone have any advice or complaints about these cars ? anyone have one ? (im going for the 2 litre V6)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

I had two of them the old shape 97 model and a 01 2.0 V6. Loved them both, beautiful car. Although Lost a lot of money on them both during resale. Still would probably do it again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Comfy and reliable (timing chain takes away many a worry too) but slow and boring. Good value for money once it ages a bit

I'd go for the 3l myself, but there's a few hundred more in road tax compared to the 2l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

right ive decided on a car, looking at 00-02 Nissan maxima QX's (full leather, auto, cruise control) - anyone have any advice or complaints about these cars ? anyone have one ? (im going for the 2 litre V6)

TBH If I was going for a car that size I'd spring for the extra insurance and tax and buy Unkels 7 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

unkel wrote: »
    but slow and boring
    They make comfortable taxis/hackneys (only times I've been in them) but I also find them very boring. They probably make a good used buy but I cannot fathom why anyone would want to fork out for a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

As far as I know there was a recall on this model for dodgy lambda sensors, I had 2 customers with these cars and both ended up having to change 4 lambda sensors at over 200 Euro a pop, just check it out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Onkle wrote: »
    TBH If I was going for a car that size I'd spring for the extra insurance and tax and buy Unkels 7 series.
    unkle's is probably dearer, older, higher mileage, less reliable - those maximas really are huge bang for the buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

unkel wrote: »
    Comfy and reliable (timing chain takes away many a worry too) but slow and boring. Good value for money once it ages a bit

I'd go for the 3l myself, but there's a few hundred more in road tax compared to the 2l

I told you already the slow one is due to the auto box!! You're not listening dammit... :P

Advertisement