Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a data bundle...!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Well, even more splendid! A data add-on with that and he's away on a hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sam that is "your" opinion on what's best for the OP!!!!
    jesus christ drunkmonkey. the only person who would choose €19 a month for 90MB over 1gb for €10 is a person who's burdened with too much money. this is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of math

If history tells us anything it's you really love meteor and I like 3, our opinions will always differ for the next 2 years or so, your going to have to accept that fact and stop disecting everthing I say....
    again, this has nothing to do with opinion. there have been some cases where you recommended 3 when 3 was the best option for the person and i did not say anything to you. but these cases are few and far between because you usually give factually incorrect information. and in those cases it's not a matter of opinion, you're simply giving wrong information and i will continue to correct you
    We still never established how much data they OP needs? Until X In the City comes out and tells us exactly how much data they want per month and how they intend to use it all we can do is offer some guidence based on our experience with people in similar circumstances.....

Sam none of our advice is correct yet as we do not have the full facts, The OP is entitled to change there mind about using a modem instead of the phone so it's no harm that there aware of the other options available....

let's dissect it a bit:

the op doesn't want a contract, so only payg should be considered. the op doesn't need a modem because he has a phone

meteor and vodafone are still too expensive and restrictive to be considered at €29.70 a month for 50mb a day. i doubt you'll argue with that

that only leaves 3 options in this country:

3's 1gb for €10 a month
    3's 10GB for €25 a month
    o2's 5GB for €30 a month

again, simple math eliminates the o2 option unless the OP has a particular loyalty and love for them. that leaves the two 3 options and we don't know which is better until he says how much he'll be using

/dusts off hands

Lads

I am getting worried about my constang dial up usage and want to migrate to a data bundle (not o2 as crap coverage).

can I get a voda data bundle (or do meteor do this also?) and use my n82 as a carrier, with 5gig limit?

I dont want a modem as do not want to do the 12 month thingy.

do you need to be a business user to get a data bundle with voda, or do you need a contract? I just want to 'top it up' every month.

I am not worried about voice calls as I got another phone.

cheers.

OP here says: "I just want to top it up". Best answer is -get a data add-on from 3 and use with N82 as HSDPA modem. Carrying around another dongle is just a PITA.

What the OP may also not realise is that he doesn't need another handset. The n82 will give him not only a Bluetooth HSDPA conection but he may make and receive calls while online.

Am I to understand that O2 Oireland are finally doing BB on PAYG? and @ 5GB for 30€? Mother of God.....

culabula wrote: »
    Am I to understand that O2 Oireland are finally doing BB on PAYG? and @ 5GB for 30€? Mother of God.....

it's their new clear tariff that allows you to cancel with 30 days notice. not payg but almost the same thing

• Advertisement

it's their new clear tariff that allows you to cancel with 30 days notice. not payg but almost the same thing

Oh, I see. So half the data for the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you're simply giving wrong information and i will continue to correct you

What wrong information did I give before you launched an all out full frontal offencive....

By the way, your the one who mentioned the 90mb for €19, what's that's got to do with anything still baffels me....

culabula wrote: »
    Oh, I see. So half the data for the same price.

The 12mt contract has gone up in price from €19.99pm to €25pm and the data usage has been cut to 7.5GB

The 18mt contract is now the only one that gives you 10GB for €19.99pm...

What wrong information did I give before you launched an all out full frontal offencive....
    it this case it wasn't wrong information, it was the other thing that tends to happen, misinterpretting the given information to try to make it look like a particular 3 tariff is good for someone when it is in fact not

edit:in fact, the wrong information you gave was suggesting a tariff that was the exact opposite of what he wanted. it was as if you just read the title of the thread " I need a data bundle...!", and then posted all about 3's data packages, completely ignoring everything else he said
    By the way, your the one who mentioned the 90mb for €19, what's that's got to do with anything still baffels me....

you brought up the relax tariffs and then said you did so in case he uses a small amount of data and wants flexibility.

i then said that the minimum he can spend on the relax tariffs is €19 (ie almost double cost of the €9.99 payg bb add-on) and the max he can get from that is 90MB (ie 11 times less than the €9.99 payg bb add-on). still baffled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

some posts were deleted here to try tidy up the mess between SV and DM

• Advertisement

it this case it wasn't wrong information, it was the other thing that tends to happen, misinterpretting the given information to try to make it look like a particular 3 tariff is good for someone when it is in fact not..

I never recommended any 3 tarrif, just the pay as you go broadband, and I recommended the modem because you failed to point out to the poster that he did not require a 12mt contract to get a modem...

edit:in fact, the wrong information you gave was suggesting a tariff that was the exact opposite of what he wanted. it was as if you just read the title of the thread " I need a data bundle...!", and then posted all about 3's data packages, completely ignoring everything else he said

that's a bit of a stretch, I did not post all about 3's data packages...

you brought up the relax tariffs and then said you did so in case he uses a small amount of data and wants flexibility.

I said the relax plans were good, no crime there officer..

i then said that the minimum he can spend on the relax tariffs is €19 (ie almost double cost of the €9.99 payg bb add-on) and the max he can get from that is 90MB (ie 11 times less than the €9.99 payg bb add-on). still baffled?

Yip, you said it not me, so stop giving out to yourself...

:rolleyes:

I never recommended any 3 tarrif, just the pay as you go broadband, and I recommended the modem because you failed to point out to the poster that he did not require a 12mt contract to get a modem...
    i "failed to point it out" because there was absolutely no need for him to buy a modem because he has an n82. i didn't mention that he can get a kettle in argos either, because it's irrelevant
    that's a bit of a stretch, I did not post all about 3's data packages...
    fair enough, you only mentioned the irrelevant ones.

I said the relax plans were good, no crime there officer..
    he specifically said he doesn't want bill pay and for what he wants, the relax plans are far from good. not a crime, no, but wrong

Yip, you said it not me, so stop giving out to yourself...

do i need finger puppets or something?? you said the relax plans are good so i gave details of the relax plans to show that they are nowhere near as good as other options. what is the confusion here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

OP - do you think that this has been resolved?
    I'll re-open this if not.
    I'm going to close this - due to ranting and flaming between SV and DM.
    Can you two keep your handbags somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement