Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When good Mods go Bad...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

they now send cult over to my place every time there's a full moon, and he chains me to the bed.
    Take it to the sex and sexuality forum Hungus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hagar wrote: »
    Your punishment continues.

I know :(

Sorry

/scuttles away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'va had a couple of bannings, nothing with the last couple of years though.

I was banned by Gordon from PI once so i feel kind of special.

I reckon i came pretty close to some bannings in here a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I'm banned from the fake psychics and mediums forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

Pre-emptive?

I assume the just knew you were gonna cause trouble and banned you, Minority Report style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    But Mary does love Dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sherifu wrote: »
    But Mary does love Dick.

Mary loves Dick. Kreed Kafer likes to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Rabies wrote: »
    I remember the AH ban.
    I'm sure you have been banned from couple of places over the years.

But the site banned? :confused:
    Was that the college thing?
    Oh, I forgot about that. Add an IP ban to the list.
    The siteban(s?) were by Asok...because he's Asok. ¬_¬

I don't remember any other bans, but that's not to say that I wasn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

While exploring the vast terrain of Boards, I came across a banned user called scojones.
    I think he was an AH mod. I've no idea why he was banned though.

I remember when scojones got banned. It was a big thing at the time. I think a few others went. Any have any idea what it waa about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

kearnsr wrote: »
    I remember when scojones got banned. It was a big thing at the time. I think a few others went. Any have any idea what it waa about?

Word on the street was..... Well I'll PM yah what I heard. Not sure if the info is allowed in the public domain? I cannot confirm what I know to be true but I am not that bothered in starting an untrue rumour :)

When I started this thread I was more thinking of the perma ban hammer rather than the forum ban hammer taking a whack off some Mods head. Have many been perma banned and possible names for quality reading time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Word on the street was..... Well I'll PM yah what I heard. Not sure if the info is allowed in the public domain? I cannot confirm what I know to be true but I am not that bothered in starting an untrue rumour :)

When I started this thread I was more thinking of the perma ban hammer rather than the forum ban hammer taking a whack off some Mods head. Have many been perma banned and possible names for quality reading time?

I really can't help but feel you yourself are a returning banned user.

Why? :confused: I have a friend who has been on boards for awhile but never really uses it. Bit of a gamer! Lives on IRC and mentioned what he heard when it was a topic of discussion one evening. I didn't even know who he was on about but the info was trés funny if true.
    Never really grasped the whole IRC thing myself. Seems weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Technically he is. He was registered as Fingers McGee and got sitebanned. After some kerfuffle he was back as Daithi McGee with a full pardon.

Why? :confused: I have a friend who has been on boards for awhile but never really uses it. Bit of a gamer! Lives on IRC and mentioned what he heard when it was a topic of discussion one evening. I didn't even know who he was on about but the info was trés funny if true.
    Never really grasped the whole IRC thing myself. Seems weird.
    Weird, arousing and pleasing.

Who are you really though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Why did Finger McGee get banned?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pighead wrote: »
    Take it to the sex and sexuality forum Hungus.

Dont encourage him! :eek:

Wazdakka wrote: »
    You have way too much free time buddy..

Here here !

LadyE wrote: »
    Why did Finger McGee get banned?

My nick has always been Fingers due to playing the violin, since I was a kid. Only recently did I discover the other meaning for Gee in Dublin. I was out on the tear when a young one enlightened me of the duality. It made sense why some people were laughing at my boards and RL nick. Lost the plot a little what with the beer in me. Got my ass banned. People were ripping the p1ss out of me something rotten that night. :( Not the nest defence but a defence none the less.

I am over it all now and can see the funny side. Today I am just wondering why people think I am someone else :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭trout

I am over it all now and can see the funny side. Today I am just wondering why people think I am someone else :confused:

You seem well informed about events that happened some time before your join date (on this account) :)

trout wrote: »
    You seem well informed about events that happened some time before your join date (on this account) :)

Well can I humbly suggest you delete the Biki and turn of the search function? Possibly lock the viewing of threads older than 6 months?
    Hell one night I reversed a few forums and read them form page one into a few pages. From that I know Areilz? was (I think) the first moderator of PI. I just thought it would be interesting to see a snap shot of this place a few years ago. From the start too. Hardly a crime?

There is even a link to your one bubbles in this thread ffs. Now I know who he is. Wait, I must have been about then.

Saints preserve us!

• Advertisement

Well can I humbly suggest you delete the Biki and turn of the search function? Possibly lock the viewing of threads older than 6 months?
    Hell one night I reversed a few forums and read them form page one into a few pages. From that I know Areilz? was (I think) the first moderator of PI. I just thought it would be interesting to see a snap shot of this place a few years ago. From the start too. Hardly a crime?

There is even a link to your one bubbles in this thread ffs. Now I know who he is. Wait, I must have been about then.

Saints preserve us!
    I think you're full of shite tbh.
    My nick has always been Fingers due to playing the violin, since I was a kid. Only recently did I discover the other meaning for Gee in Dublin. I was out on the tear when a young one enlightened me of the duality. It made sense why some people were laughing at my boards and RL nick.
    QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Bubbles coming back to haunt us, aaaah the memories :)

Sherifu wrote: »
    I think you're full of shite tbh.

I am. I have never claimed otherwise.

But then again so are a lot of the posters here and over the interwebbynets. Like a mirror of humanity in general.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mr. X wrote: »
    Bubbles coming back to haunt us, aaaah the memories :)

That's ok we have the paranormal lads and a cross section of spiritual clergy to preform various exsorisms.

I hear these guys are better:

Ghostbusters-Photograph-C10102485.jpeg

Accusing me of being that bubbles character is just plain not nice :( I refuse to get involved with this any longer. You can think what ever you want to think and make what ever accusations you want. :mad:

Accusing me of being that bubbles character is just plain not nice :( I refuse to get involved with this any longer. You can think what ever you want to think and make what ever accusations you want. :mad:
    Hush Bubbles, your blowing your cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't know, something about your posting style, knowledge of boards internal culture and fairly new join date all seem a little familar. But it was probably the Fingers incident, I do remember that and it must have jogged my memory from your current username.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mr. X wrote: »
    Hush Bubbles, your blowing your cover!

He's forever blowing, Bubbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Feel his love my child :)
    My mother told me not to touch strangers in strange places.

Advertisement