Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small improvements you would like to see

• 15-09-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

not talking about redesigning the whole place but only 1 or 2 improvements u would like to see around the place

take the 2001 space odyssey monolith out of John roberts square and replace it with something nice such as.........

perhaps the apple market clock which it completely under used where it is.

OR

Take the apple market clock and put it back in the apple market where it belongs either way where it is, is unacceptable.

Oh and u can't mention my old house, yes its the biggest eye sore in the city but it holds a place in my heart plus where are the citys rats gonna live?! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

somewhere you can have a sit down bit of grub at 4am... simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Red square is a disgrace. It's not a square because there's nothing in the centre, it doesn't 'square' around anything. It's just a big mess of crappy civic "art" dotted around randomly with no overall design in mind. And to top it off, they close it in by placing the trees in stupid places.

Something small though, how about hanging a tri-colour from the first building in the entire country it was ever hung from on the Mall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

1. Some more mens clothes shops and maybe a HMV/Virgin
    2. Some late opening cafe/bar type thingys.
    3. better choice of clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

KingLoser wrote: »

Something small though, how about hanging a tri-colour from the first building in the entire country it was ever hung from on the Mall?

actually thats a great idea, never though of that, hmmmmm i thinks ill be writing a letter to the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

As said, having places open later would help ALOT. Add different new bars/cafe suited to all different type of people.

I remember reading it here or in the paper, there are over 50 unused commercial lots in Waterford city. They dont have an excuse not do something like.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

late night cafe type places not full of scumbags or people that can;t handle their drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

For people to start threads that say what is right about the City instead of listing faults all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

For people to start threads that say what is right about the City instead of listing faults all the time.

so whats stopping you from pushing the "new thread" button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

The only thing id like to see is to stop people from turing right on the way into town from over the bridge!! it holds traffic up way too much :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

magick wrote: »
    so whats stopping you from pushing the "new thread" button?

Nothing. Just an observation on the nature of threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Fill in the line of crater-esque potholes outbound through johns park, stretching from the Londis shop to the Butler centre.
    I dont ask for much!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Every shop front to be repainted every two years (including the empty units), John Roberts Square to be ripped up and start again (okay it won't happen, whoever thought shades of grey was cool was an idiot).

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Put a massive glass roof over John Roberts Square!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

speed up the traffic lights at the norris's corner junction, no matter which way you come from they are a pain in the ass

daftdave wrote: »
    speed up the traffic lights at the norris's corner junction, no matter which way you come from they are a pain in the ass

yea they take ages, i normally just head down that side street to avoid them, think its called Doyle st? not sure..

Id really really like to see them sort out the potholes in the city.. im after shelling out over a grand in the last year on replacing Shocks and CV joints cos i drive in the city all day.. on top of that money i also have to pay 350/360 euro every year for the privilege to drive on those sh1te roads.. great innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Heathen wrote: »
    yea they take ages, i normally just head down that side street to avoid them, think its called Doyle st? not sure..

Id really really like to see them sort out the potholes in the city.. im after shelling out over a grand in the last year on replacing Shocks and CV joints cos i drive in the city all day.. on top of that money i also have to pay 350/360 euro every year for the privilege to drive on those sh1te roads.. great innit?

Would you stop bitching about your shocks and CV's, damn boy racer........ :D:D

A couple of samll things.... all I ask is to make this the Sunny South East.... I have heard of this round yellow thing in the sky called the SUN, i would like to see it a lot more...... A LOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

magick wrote: »
    not talking about redesigning the whole place but only 1 or 2 improvements u would like to see around the place

take the 2001 space odyssey monolith out of John roberts square and replace it with something nice such as.........

perhaps the apple market clock which it completely under used where it is.

OR

Take the apple market clock and put it back in the apple market where it belongs either way where it is, is unacceptable.

Oh and u can't mention my old house, yes its the biggest eye sore in the city but it holds a place in my heart plus where are the citys rats gonna live?! :p

There's an apple market clock? Where is it now?

robtri wrote: »
    Would you stop bitching about your shocks and CV's, damn boy racer........ :D:D

Muppet! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Actually the tricolour plan on 38 was a good one. It's so simple in retrospect that it should probably have been thought about back when the monument was going up. Is there a plaque on 19?

These are the silly things I should really know at this stage :(

Advertisement