Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ericsson Gate

Options
  • 15-09-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to take a short cut through UCD to Ericsson to work. (No they are not parking on campus - bussing it). Apparently there is a gate with a code blocking the way, and since I went to UCD I've been asked but I had no idea such a gate even existed.

Could anyone pm me with the code...

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Which direction's your friend coming from? AFAIK Ericsson borders HP, not UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

Bus stop by the eng. block

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

bassman22 wrote: »
    Bus stop by the eng. block

Getting to any theorical gate beside ericsson from the 10 bus stop wouldn't be possible because of the anti-commuter gates, based on ericssons location.

As for the gate, I don't know of one either - are you sure he's not thinking of the gate on the clonskeagh road that led to the old philips building (which is now open all the time, since UCD did up this building).

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The gate leads to the Richview Business Park, and AFAIK only people who work there get a card that opens it. I've had to go around via the Beech Hill rd. corner many times, from HP. :(

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there is a gate to ericsson. it's up by the football pitch, and it does not need a card to open it, it doesn't have a lock on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cremo wrote: »
    there is a gate to ericsson. it's up by the football pitch, and it does not need a card to open it, it doesn't have a lock on it.

You mean the gate to HP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hasnt hp left at this stage?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tis a gate to HP...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

For the leading lights in Ireland's future tis bleak

check out

http://casl.ucd.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=26

and figure it out

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cremo wrote: »
    hasnt hp left at this stage?

some people are staying

lucky bastards :(

• Advertisement