Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best BB weight?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked a dozen times before, but what is the best bb weight for a aeg sniper? I'd imagine you'd need a balance between accuracy and fps. Is there a huge difference between different weights?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

think it comes down to personal preference and style of play, i personal like 0.30 for bit action sniping and 0.25 in a aeg.

Its rather surprising the difference it can make, when you think about it in weight the difference seems nothing like of it in percent and you see the impact, take .20 as the standard .25 are a 25%increase in weight and .30 are a massive 50% increase

I like the stability the extra weight gives but i know other do not like the longer flight time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

For our FPS limits?

0.23g is the *perfect* weight. It gives the best balance between 0.20 and 0.25 IMO.

Edit: Didn't read - that was AEG wise - Sniper wise I'd say 0.25g, you don't really see many more advantages over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

If you're sniping, .25g or .28g, and get black or green bbs. They'll travel slowly but be almost invisible enroute. There are also now .27g transparent bbs from Bioval.

Don't forget that if you get a good hop-up rubber, you'll lose less bb velocity, and so be more accurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ive actually used .3s aswell and there wasnt any noticible loss in range, the accuracy was hugely uncreased though, the BBs stays laser straight for a good distance., they dont suit all guns though.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

where can you get .3's ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement