Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freezer,dead compressor, under gaurantee, refund or not????

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Biggins wrote: »
    Just for the record, I too worked in retail for 20+ years but I (and the multiple organisations I provided links for) still must know nothing.
    You must be an oracle of all that is right!

We will just have to agree, to disagree and leave it at that.
    Considering you got the law qouted up above showing that you are wrong I honestly don't know what it would take to convince you that you are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Had the same problem with B&Q and a Lawn Mower,
    Bought one and the blade broke on the first use :mad:, Brought it back and receive a replacement, Blade broke on replacement on second run out :mad: brought it back and said that I did not want the same brand as it was a design fault (not fit for purpose) offered a credit note, spoke to hubby and decided that was not suitable as we need a new lawn mower and B&Q could not provide us with a suitable replacement.asked for refund and girl said that they would have to refund the Laser as thats how we orginaly paid, I agreed and she started the process of the refund and when she was putting it through the till gave her the option for a cash refund :D Off to Homebase and bought a new lawnmower, two years later and it is still going strong. :D

Stick to your guns and be polite, Employees and managers are just the hired help they do not make the rules. Most probaly they would do the refund straight away if they had the power too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nody wrote: »
    Considering you got the law qouted up above showing that you are wrong I honestly don't know what it would take to convince you that you are wrong.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bouncie wrote: »
    have a freezer which harvey norman have offered a full refund in the form of a credit note for their store. what I am wondering, is a cash refund something I can ask for as the item was purchased with cash. I do not feel confident purchasing from them again. any help or sugestions???
    they have offered a full refund but you do not have to accept a credit note and they can not go back on their offer of a refund now.
    bouncie wrote: »
    it was purchased 6 mth ago and is under gaurantee, they are unable to find the same freezer so the are offering me a credit note for the store.
    I think a full refund is what I should get as the item was faulty leaving the factory. this is what I was told by their inspector/engineer.

the inspector would have ordered a repair if that was an option.

also the shop can offer a similar product but you do not have to accept this as it may not be the same colour/size/shape etc as the one you purchased. it might not be suitable for your needs.

you do not have to accept a credit note so you should talk to the manager in harvey normans and tell him this and see if they can sort this for you or failing this go to small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foggy_lad wrote: »
    they have offered a full refund but you do not have to accept a credit note and they can not go back on their offer of a refund now.

they offered it in the form of a credit note. they're not going back on anything by not giving a full cash refund.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

foggy_lad wrote: »

however, bear in mind that if you bring it to the small claims court this will be borne in mind by them that a refund was offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

miju wrote: »
    however, bear in mind that if you bring it to the small claims court this will be borne in mind by them that a refund was offered.

surely not a real refund though? as that would be in cash or charge back to your debit/credit card?

if they are breaking the law by insisting on you accepting a credit note then surely this would be in your favour in the small claims court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bouncie

Ok finally an update> I got a full refund onto my credit card and bought a new freezer yesterday. thanks to you all for helpful info and taking the time to do so. elaine

Advertisement