Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Connolly Hospital

Options
  • 15-09-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Can you access Connolly Hospital by car through the Waterville Estate roundabout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

lushballs wrote: »
    Can you access Connolly Hospital by car through the Waterville Estate roundabout?

Yes thats the main gate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

When did they move it ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im assuming it got them mixed up so?
    Hard to tell now the barrier/security hut is disused.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

And the new layout and payparking should be commencing soon enough. Thank god!!! connolly hospital will no longer be used as a through road!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

What? You mean they are closing the road from Waterville to the village? So people from the village will have to cross the N3 at the shopping centre to get to the hospital?

Or are they going to open the new gate at the roundabout? I thought that was on hold until they sorted out the M50 roundabout?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I think he/she is speaking about the as yet unopend exit at the roundabout on the N3 at the gym. I don't think they're going to get rid of the current setup from Waterville to the village but than again the planning dept of Fingal seem to make the silliest of decisions at times.

What? You mean they are closing the road from Waterville to the village? So people from the village will have to cross the N3 at the shopping centre to get to the hospital?

Or are they going to open the new gate at the roundabout? I thought that was on hold until they sorted out the M50 roundabout?

Thats what I'm talking about. New staff car parks are being put in place at the mo. and like you said there will be no unauthorized entry to connolly via the waterville rd.

there will be a barrier system there that will operate only for staff, ambulance's and buses.

when they will start to operate that barrier is not yet known but it's not too far away.
    Jip wrote: »
    I think he/she is speaking about the as yet unopend exit at the roundabout on the N3 at the gym. I don't think they're going to get rid of the current setup from Waterville to the village but than again the planning dept of Fingal seem to make the silliest of decisions at times.

Nope. . LostInBlanch is right.

It's absolutely disgraceful that people use it as a thru road anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

ChewChew wrote: »
    Thats what I'm talking about. New staff car parks are being put in place at the mo. and like you said there will be no unauthorized entry to connolly via the waterville rd.

there will be a barrier system there that will operate only for staff, ambulance's and buses.

So how will people in cars get to the hospital, seeing as that's the only way in apart from going through the village? Or are there going to be barriers there too?

So how will people in cars get to the hospital, seeing as that's the only way in apart from going through the village? Or are there going to be barriers there too?

Through the village and when the new bridge opens off the N3. afaik there will not be a barrier at the front gate. But I doubt the barrier system at the back gate will begin to operate until the new bridge is open, but I'm not sure about that tbh.

ChewChew wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgraceful that people use it as a thru road anyways!

Eh, why ? It's not like there's congestion problems in the hospital because of it, the car parks are usually empty and it's alot better than using St. James as a through road which many people do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Exactly. My alternative at the moment is an hour on the Snugborough Road!!

Anyone know what the signs on the hospital road at the moment are talking about? The signs are advance warnings of temporary traffic lights on the road which they anticipate will cause delays. There's no mention of a start date

You've obviously never been caught in the 'non existent' congestion then? Many many many (you get the point of the many's right?) times I've been caught in traffic trying to get out of the hospital for an hour. now you just imagine trying to get out of your work place for an hour. . or a hospital car park after spending all day in said hospital!!!!

Temporary traffic lights will be for the new layout of the barrier system which is being put in place.

You're talking about rush hour in the evening, it's the same the city over, the rest of the day it's empty.
    And just to reiterate I believe the new barrier system you're talking about will only be on the exit via the new road that's not yet opened onto the N3 at Blanchardstown roundabout, the existing through road into the village will remain.

Just to re-reiterate that I believe it is on the back gate entrance for the barriers hence why the road markings are down, the sign posts are moved and there is notice of temporary traffic lights right there. . . .but thats just what the staff have been told and what we all can see

Advertisement