Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day at Garda College - 8th October 2008

• 15-09-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.garda.ie/gardacollegeopenday8oct.doc
    Fógra do Lá Oscailte ag Coláiste an Gharda Síochána

Tionólfar Lá Oscailte ag Coláiste an Gharda Síochána, An Teampall Mór, Contae Thiobraid Árann Dé Céadaoin 8 Deireadh Fómhair, 2008 óna 10.00 roimh nóin go dtí 2.00 iarnóin. Féadfaidh an Lá Oscailte seo a bheith ina spéis d’aon duine ar suim leo gairm bheatha a leanúint sa Gharda Síochána nó dóibh siúd ar spéis leo iarratas a dhéanamh ar Chúltaca an Gharda Síochána.

Iarrtar ar aon duine a bhfuil sé de rún aige nó aici freastal teangmháil a dhéanamh leis an nGarda Síochána roimh ré thar an teileafón ar 0504 35400 nó le facs ag 0504 35452 nó is féidir leo ríomhphost a chur chuig an gColáiste ag admingc@iol.ie.

Advertisement for Open Day at Garda College

An Open Day will be held at the Garda College, Templemore, Co. Tipperary on Wednesday 8st October 2008 from 10 am to 2 pm. This Open Day may be of interest to any persons interested in pursuing a career in An Garda Síochána or for those interested in applying for the Garda Reserve.

Any persons intending to attend are asked to contact the Garda College in advance by phone on 0504 35400 or by fax at 0504 35452 or alternatively can e-mail the College at admingc@iol.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Thanks for posting that up or I'd never have known!I will try and get to it this time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mini--c

does this mean they will prob have a recrutment near or after this open day?:confused:

I would hope so,I thought exactly the same.I reckon(and hope) for January 2009.After all,why would any college have an open day if they aren't going to want new students?

well tats it like but its a long way for me to travel just to have a look at the college! have u ever thought of tryin for uk police? i was on a site last nite and they lookin for ppl in a few different areas was half thinkin bout moving over and tryin for it

mini--c wrote: »
    well tats it like but its a long way for me to travel just to have a look at the college! have u ever thought of tryin for uk police? i was on a site last nite and they lookin for ppl in a few different areas was half thinkin bout moving over and tryin for it

No I couldn't see myself going for UK police, not even PSNI really. I was always really interested in joining An Garda Siochana. Nothing would make me more proud. That being said, UK forces would probably be better in certain areas such as funding.

• Advertisement

eroo wrote: »
    No I couldn't see myself going for UK police, not even PSNI really. I was always really interested in joining An Garda Siochana. Nothing would make me more proud. That being said, UK forces would probably be better in certain areas such as funding.
    well funding wud b alot better and think they pay may also b but dnt get me wrong i wud love to b a guard in my own country its just the compitition over here is very hard to get through and also the irish may b a problem for me!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mac51

Does any body have any idea as to what they do on the open day ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fiona311

Does anybody have any idea where they advertise when they are taking on more people? Id love to apply but have no idea how to go around this

fiona311 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea where they advertise when they are taking on more people? Id love to apply but have no idea how to go around this
    Any recruitment campaigns are advertised in the newspapers and on publicjobs.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fiona311

foreign wrote: »
    Any recruitment campaigns are advertised in the newspapers and on publicjobs.ie.

Thanks, I wasn't to sure becauce on publicjobs.ie it just mentioned the reserves, so i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

It won't mention it until there is a new campaign open, but if you register with Public Jobs you can set up an alert for when a campaign opens up again. In the mean time all you can do is sit tight, you may be in for a long wait unfortunately. But have a good look around this forum as it will give you a really good idea of what is entailed in the recruitment process. Hope that helps! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

mini--c wrote: »
    well funding wud b alot better and think they pay may also b but dnt get me wrong i wud love to b a guard in my own country its just the compitition over here is very hard to get through and also the irish may b a problem for me!:(

HI Mini--C, I realise you are new hereon boards.ie but I must tell you that text speak is not allowed.

Thanks

TheNog
    mac51 wrote: »
    Does any body have any idea as to what they do on the open day ???

On the open day you will be shown all the college facilities. Equipment such as cars (from the driving school), stingers, alcolysers, speed gun, Gatso (nearly sure there was one there last year) etc.

Basically it is a good day out especially for the children. You will also be able to talk to members about the job ans students too about college life. Well worth a day trip.

Advertisement