Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best memory on wow

Options
  • 15-09-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

mine would be an aoe run through gnomer

we had a mage 2 locks(i was one) a war and a priest

our tank would run in and get initial aggro

then me and the other lock went in and used hellfire and the mage stood back attacking, priest done a good job keeping us up most of the time but some of it was just too much for him but i had a good time there

another was our first aran downing i think

got him to 2 or 3% and most of the grp ended up being wiped out, i had amped curse of doom on him and only our pally tank was alive with fook all mana, was funny watching him run around trying to not get hit by aran bubbling up when he could then bam my CoD kicks in and kills aran, i was nearly deafened on vent by all the cheers of joy lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

aoe shadow labs in under 30 mins /proud :D

i was tanking with my paladin, 2 mages, 1 warlock and a priest healing.

2 secs to get aggro on everything in the room, SEED SEED SEED FORST NOVAS SEED SEED

god that owned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

DRakE wrote: »
    aoe shadow labs in under 30 mins /proud :D

i was tanking with my paladin, 2 mages, 1 warlock and a priest healing.

2 secs to get aggro on everything in the room, SEED SEED SEED FORST NOVAS SEED SEED

god that owned

seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

surely that time at lumber mill was better alan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1. World PvP in Southshore.
    2. First DM Run, and seeing Van Cleefe's ship.
    3. My first steps through the Dark Portal.
    4. Warlock Dreadsteed mount / Paladin Charger Mount
    5. Taking over Crossroads, and holding it with about 7 players, until a full horde raid came to kill us.

And the one that has a special place in my heart...

Walking into Stormwind for the first time, reading the plaques of all the famous heroes from the Alliance's past. Then saluting General Marcus Jonathan, and him saluting me back. Brilliant. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

that game is **** like all of yous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

xbox36016 wrote: »
    that game is **** like all of yous
    Thanks for that stellar contribution, feel free to share some other views with us regarding your opinion... in say, a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Or never :)

Mine have to be

1: Steps of ZF
    2: First opera event
    3: Full kara run in under 3 hours without any deaths....using our alts
    4: First epic flyer
    5: Downing Rage Winterchill with a well undergeared group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

oh another one was doing that luner raid q where u gota kill omen in moonglade

there was like 5 lvl 70's and a whole lot of people under 60, i over aggroed at one stage and it was chasing me around the town for a good 2 minutes before the pala tank had mana to lure it off me again, was very good fun

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

the first time as a pally tank, Ran sunken temple and tanked the whole lot without a single wipe and the Dragon's call sword dropped for me! :) so happy that day

also aoe tanking the ZF steps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Killing C'thun way back in vanilla wow was probably my best moment,

After that it was Kael'thas pre nerf we spent 7 weeks training on him before we killed him i still consider it the most difficult fight ingame even m'uru's easier, TS went wild it was a good day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Killing Ragnaros for the first time was an amazing feeling for me. Our TS erupted and people went mental. We had been the second guild on our server to summon him, but then our guild collapsed, and we had to rebuild and start form the beginning again, so it had a lot of significance for us to actually get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

reaching 70 - will never forget how absolultely painful I found getting from 68-70, & that final moment of when I dinged 70 inside Mana Tombs, after a second quick run to break me over the 70 mark from 69 .....

Has almost put me off ever levelling up another character when I consider how much time, effort & heartbreak was involved the first time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

ven0m wrote: »
    reaching 70 - will never forget how absolultely painful I found getting from 68-70, & that final moment of when I dinged 70 inside Mana Tombs, after a second quick run to break me over the 70 mark from 69 .....

Has almost put me off ever levelling up another character when I consider how much time, effort & heartbreak was involved the first time :(

i managed 1-2 lvls a day from 60-65 then 1 lvl a day from 65-70 but i only get to play on the weekends so it took a rather long time overall

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ven0m wrote: »

i know that feeling... i got my 2nd char from 67-68 last night and im still only in nagrand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

1 shotting 3 alliance. And yes I mean one spell 3 dead alliance. Boy was that fun :)

incubus wrote: »
    surely that time at lumber mill was better alan?

THIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Deathcoil

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

DarthWraak wrote: »
    Deathcoil

distant memory when that could crit . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Killing Nefarian and Princess Huhuran for the first times was great, was a lot of guild effort and wipes put into it, it just felt epic. Raiding got so boring in TBC for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

gotta be myself and funky and some other irish freaks who religiously played american wow when it was first out (before eu),, we were the first to defeat lucifron in molton core, was a big enuff deal back then. obv its nothing these days, but wen you did it with brazillian muppets in greens and such, it was quite the accomplishment, think we did onyxia aswell before most of ye whippersnappers had even installed wow on yer computers

ahhh memories of Avatar screaming down on voice comms, but we got there in the end, albeit at the price of being 4am irish time.

least i got myself bracers of might from a random drop, think i was one of the first on the server Warsong to get a MC epic

pvp aswell i suppose, we were damn good and competitive in gulch and roaming around. serious competition. funky would remember if he reads this :D

other than that, it was probably when i quit, horribly addictive game. much better things happening outside of wow. break free gents, break free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BArra wrote: »
    much better things happening outside of wow
    Like Warhammer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

1. Clearing the 3rd Botanica boss room In less then 3 minutes as server was about to shut down.

2.First time doing Wolf Opera Event.Much Lols

3.First time downing Twins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

gotta be myself and funky and some other irish freaks who religiously played american wow when it was first out (before eu),, we were the first to defeat lucifron in molton core, was a big enuff deal back then. obv its nothing these days, but wen you did it with brazillian muppets in greens and such, it was quite the accomplishment, think we did onyxia aswell before most of ye whippersnappers had even installed wow on yer computers

ahhh memories of Avatar screaming down on voice comms, but we got there in the end, albeit at the price of being 4am irish time.

least i got myself bracers of might from a random drop, think i was one of the first on the server Warsong to get a MC epic

pvp aswell i suppose, we were damn good and competitive in gulch and roaming around. serious competition. funky would remember if he reads this :D

other than that, it was probably when i quit, horribly addictive game. much better things happening outside of wow. break free gents, break free

still lurking on boards barry!

that Lucifron kill was definitely the best moment I've ever had in WoW too, think it was more like 9am our time by the time we got it! pretty sure I still have the screenshot round somewhere, you in your valor and me my trusty dreadmist haha

ah the good ole days, when robes of prophecy looked too embarrassing to be worn, before all ye fancy epix of nowadays

should come play WAR, reawaken that immortal mmo addiction!

not knowing the hyjal woman wasnt going to teleport us and us all standing around expectantly then getting rushed by a bunch of mobs and running and flailing ^^

3 manning heroics like SP, bot etc - always awesome fun (especially with a holy pally tank =) )

ya still lurking mister funky, wealth of info on boards. yah i saw this new fandangled warhammer game, have no time at mo....but i mite give it a go when i get on my feet

got my degree, back from new york... so i must find a real job for myself.

ahhh lol full valor, okay, okay we were in blues. still it was a great feat from a group of stuck up mix players.

the pvp on warsong was intense aswell, the rivalry with insomniacs and the others, that was fun i remember. we wuda slaughtered them everytime if it was on euro though, latency to usa servers was crap.

i just remembered on the first onyxia kill, that priest guy, your arch rival, he got some cape thing for a priest, i remember you goin mad cos it wasnt aimed for his spec, he had a funny voice,, his nickname eludes me. avatar prob gave it to him anaway.

democracy at its finest

final thought in my ramble, the game is just about grinding over and over and over again, you lose your mind at doing the same thing time and time again, the game looks a lot cooler since my day i must admit with flying mounts n stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i just remembered on the first onyxia kill, that priest guy, your arch rival, he got some cape thing for a priest, i remember you goin mad cos it wasnt aimed for his spec, he had a funny voice,, his nickname eludes me. avatar prob gave it to him anaway.

ahaha that was the luci kill, Tom got the freakin choker of enlightenment and didn't have a clue that it along with some green item from ungoro was like the best item in the game

working these days but i'm playing a little bit of WAR, nothing like we were with WoW back in the day though heh

(oh and avatar ended up playing for SK for a little while)

sk, schroet kommando guys? whys that shur dont they only do games that has competition and prize money? musta been years now since i played wow, aghhh im getting a slight itch to play... but must resist

i just cudnt handle the grind relevelling fiasco.

and its shocking that the hero class death knight isnt limited to just players whos mains are warriors, any numpty with a 55 level char can just play as one, leaves no unique trait to a players choice of class after spending SO much time on it

sk, schroet kommando guys? whys that shur dont they only do games that has competition and prize money? musta been years now since i played wow, aghhh im getting a slight itch to play... but must resist

i just cudnt handle the grind relevelling fiasco.

and its shocking that the hero class death knight isnt limited to just players whos mains are warriors, any numpty with a 55 level char can just play as one, leaves no unique trait to a players choice of class after spending SO much time on it
    gimme back my larval acids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 squarei

Probably downing Archimonde server first, great atmosphere on ventrilo and in the guild for a long while after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement