Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any VNC alternatives ?

• 15-09-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I have vnc server on my desktop which is 1900x1200, I'm connecting via a netbook which has a res of 1024x600. so when I connect I can't see very much, like maybe 25% of the desktop, i have to scroll left and right to see anything, it's pretty much unusable, are there any alternatives out there which convert the desktop to the same res as you are connecting from ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not sure, but how does windows remote desktop handle this type of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

my server is vista, the netbook is xp, can remote desktop work across os's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I believe windows remote desktop will operate across those particiliar OS's without any problems. It may not resolve your issue though.
    There may be some options within VNC to sort the issue out as well, someone more familar with the app may be able to shed some light on it.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Of course you can use rdp between xp and vista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Depends on which version of Vista you're using on the server... If it's Ultimate or Business, then you'll be able to connect to it straight off, but if it's either of the home versions you'll have to do a bit of jiggery pokery to get it working.

It should do the job nicely, just run mstsc and change to the display tab and choose your resolution there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

TightVNC allows you to scale the resolution of the remote machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

tried that out it's fuppin brill, just what I was looking for, thanks a lot guys

Advertisement