Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

another speeding fine question

Options
  • 15-09-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I got a fixed charge notice in the mail today for an offence on 11th July but it wasn't sent to the address that the vehicle is registered to. Is this normal???

The car is registered at my parents' house along with tax, insurance, license etc. The only thing that ever comes to the address the fine arrived to is my visa bill. I've no idea how they got the address that they mailed it to :confused:

Does anyone know how they usually process these to have them sent out, i can't for the life of me figure how they got the address that it was sent to!

I've no issue paying the fine if it's genuine but i can't make any sense of it going to the other address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Were you driving the car at the time and is there any chance your parents (possibly correctly) sold you down the river? ;)
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If the car is registered to that address then that's were the notification goes. Simple. It's the only address they have for the vehicle - where else would they send it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

From here:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/driving-offences/penalty-points-for-driving-offences
    What happens if someone else was driving my vehicle?

In cases where the driving offence was detected by camera, the fixed charge notice is sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. If the registered owner was not driving at the time of the offence they should complete the form attached to the notice, giving details of the person who was driving. This should then be returned to the relevant Garda Station with the original fixed charge notice. (Do not enclose payment). The Gardaí will then issue a fixed charge notice to the driver.

I am not sure if your parents would have had to inform you or not but that is what I am getting at.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 honeymcsandwich

that's the gas thing about it, i don't live with my parents anymore and it came to the new address. i only changed the car a couple of weeks ago and the new one is registered at their place as well. i've never had anything registered to where i am now cos the mailboxes are always getting tampered with.

i would normally drive that stretch of road in the morning but there's nowhere for a garda to wait cos there's road works on one side and a median on the other.

completely bizarre, think i'll be popping down to the local garda station tomorrow to see what the crack is with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

that's the gas thing about it, i don't live with my parents anymore and it came to the new address. i only changed the car a couple of weeks ago and the new one is registered at their place as well. i've never had anything registered to where i am now cos the mailboxes are always getting tampered with.

i would normally drive that stretch of road in the morning but there's nowhere for a garda to wait cos there's road works on one side and a median on the other.

completely bizarre, think i'll be popping down to the local garda station tomorrow to see what the crack is with it.

Quite strange, ring up and ask them where they got the address from.

• Advertisement

yep, parents address everywhere. only thing besides the visa bill that comes to the new address are catalogues. i got pulled over in athlone in august and the fine came to the proper address. i'm totally baffled.

not a serial speeder by the way, thought i was on the M4, was actually the N4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

i got pulled over in athlone in august and the fine came to the proper address.

When you got pulled over you most likely gave the Garda your correct address - the speeding fine (I'm guessing) was a gatso and used the registered address as per the VLC.

nah, he took the address off my license. that's the parents address. sorry, i'm probably confusing things a bit. i call the parents address the proper one because that's where all my mail usually goes. should probably be saying 'address A' and 'address B' :D

i'm really curious to find out how they got the other address - it's a complete mystery to me.

Advertisement