Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indie clubs in the city centre?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Got some friends coming over for a long weekend and I'm not too familiar with Dublin nightlife, so I'm hoping someone can recommend a club or two in the city centre that might have indie music playing on Friday and or Saturday night?

We'll probably have a bite to eat, a few drinks and then head to a club for a bit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

check out kennedy s of westland row, i think they have an indie club downstairs.also thomas reads downstairs on a fri as far as i can remember,if all else fails whelans have clubs every night after gigs

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

http://www.myspace.com/nodiskodublin
    THE ACADEMY ANNOUNCES NEW FLAGSHIP CLUBNIGHT NoDisko EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE ACADEMY Dublin’s newest and most prolific music venue is delighted to announce the launch of it’s brand new Friday night clubnight ‘NoDisko’. NoDisko opens at 10pm on Friday 5th September. Admission is free before 11.30pm / €5 after. NoDisko promises to deliver a weekly soundtrack of the world hottest indie, rock & electro pop acts that the Academy has become home to including Crystal Castles, Supergrass, MGMT, Black Kids, CSS and many more. Celebrity guest DJs will regularly get behind the decks alongside Dublin’s finest Indie Rock DJs. THE BEST IN ROCK AND INDIE MUSIC – EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE ACADEMY Click for club/gig updates, Directions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

For indie nights, Wexford Street area is your best bet - Whelan's, The Village, and most of the clubs and pubs around there.

There's also Doyle's on college green, always full of trinners students, Pravda, near the ha'penny bridge, and plenty more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 j-bone

dude...look no further than "the central bank" its just off dame street,,near enuff to the uber trendy temple bar area,,:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

What about that Carnival place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    What about that Carnival place?

Ta se closed down. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've heard good things about this place. Have yet to go but will check it out some Friday soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Thanks guys.

Looks like we'll check out The Academy on Friday and take our chances with wexford street or somewhere on Saturday

Advertisement